• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

2017 Mason Dixon Sniper Series Match #1 Pa/Md

ballison

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2013
Central Pennsylvania
2017 Mason Dixon Sniper Series Match #1
Mayberry Game Protective Association
2555 Mayberry Rd, Westminster, MD 21158
April 2, 2017

Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/IS21XeWst6bb9x0g2

Registration will open at 8:00pm on March 5, 2017
This match can accommodate a maximum of 40 shooters. All others will be put on a wait list. Please note that you will NOT receive an immediate confirmation when registering for the match. Once the match has reached max capacity, confirmations will be sent to those who have successfully registered and to those on the waiting list.
We use Google forms for our match registrations, so you will need a Google account to sign-up (this is 2017!)
The Course of Fire will be handed out on the morning of the match. IT WILL NOT BE EMAILED PRIOR TO MATCH DAY.

Match Details:
8:00 Report
9:00 Match starts
Match fee: $40

Recommended equipment:
Ear and eye protection
Rifle capable of 1 MOA or better, with a repeatable zero
Scope that you can easily dial or hold for elevation
80 rounds of quality ammo, 30 cal. or under with a max velocity of 3150 fps
Confirmed dope at longer ranges (preferably up to 700 yards)
Bipod, tripod, shooting bags, back pack, sling, food/snacks, water …. Bring what you have
Go to YouTube and search for Precision Rifle Series (PRS) to see what to expect for the stages

Last edited:
The match has reached its 40 shooter limit. Everyone that registered should have received an email letting you know that you either made it, or are on the waiting list. If you want to register now, your name will be placed on the waiting list and will be notified if a slot opens.

Question: My son (28) and I are interested in delving into the Production class in the PRS Club series. We would like to spectate at this match. Are these matches spectator friendly? Mostly we would like to see how the match is run, and get an idea of the gear used, courses of fire so we can do it right the first time and practice accordingly. We have spent a great deal of time reading about and watching videos and then reading some more, but that only takes you so far.
Thanks in advance.

FLRGLOCK, spectators are welcomed. Just remember eye and ear protection. This is an excellent match to observe since it is all shot from one central area you can see all the action. We also have a great group of friendly shooters that are very encouraging and willing to answer questions. See you next Sunday.

Steve B.

Quick question. Due to a rifle potentially being down for the match, would it be a significant hindrance if I used a rifle with no bipod? Im not worried about positional with a bipod, I'm more wondering if there's going to be any straight prone stages where it's really going to suck with no bipod. This is my first match, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Five days to go, the weather looks good and the course of fire is set. I would recommend bringing 60 rounds of ammunition, that will be plenty and you should have a few leftover. I think I put together what will be a good test of your PRS snipery skills. Expect to see barricades, rooftops, lots of steel and a little paper. See you all Sunday.

Steve B.

Congrats Duane! Continuing the streak from last year's finale.

ShooterTotal
Duane G32
Bill A31
Bryson S27
Crawford T26
Drew W26
Dan E26
Paul R25
Josh K24
Dave V24
Rob K23
Eric S23