Accessories (Defunct thread)

So I wanted to see how it would hold up in this heat in OK lately and note if it lost any rigidity, I left it sitting on top of an empty monster can on the dash in my truck while I went in to work, after 5 hours it showed no deformation, lost no form and retained the same flexibility when I first got it, I’m figuring if will hold up just fine in any heat I’ll actually go outside to shoot a match in 💪
Before
IMG_1879.jpeg

After

IMG_1884.jpeg

Reactions: kylepmcg
So I wanted to see how it would hold up in this heat in OK lately and note if it lost any rigidity, I left it sitting on top of an empty monster can on the dash in my truck while I went in to work, after 5 hours it showed no deformation, lost no form and retained the same flexibility when I first got it, I’m figuring if will hold up just fine in any heat I’ll actually go outside to shoot a match in 💪
Before
View attachment 8484229
After

View attachment 8484230
So you're saying there was no thermal shift? 😉

He literally stole somebody’s idea pretty much copied and is now trying to profit off of it … that’s not a good dude!
This is a sale thread. If you disagree, make a new thread or PM the OP. Rules on SH say you don't crap on sales threads.

Fwiw, I don't use or own the OP's product... I actually use the other version.

He literally stole somebody’s idea pretty much copied and is now trying to profit off of it … that’s not a good dude!
Afaik the other idea didn’t figure out you don’t need to have an new housing machined to make a system like this work. I came up with the clip on attachment and it lets me not charge a ton of money for a very basic item. I guess all the folks who made cars after Benz are bad people who should have never sought to improve following this logic…

Our original prototype was a 3d printed add on to the original housing just as your copy is. Unlike you Kyle we had to invest much more time and money to bring our "basic" first of its kind idea to market, we also wanted to the product to be available 24hrs a day to place an order and paymnet processing people could trust. We believe our basic idea justified a better design is why we decided to replace the whole level housing with a new machined aluminum one. As for the patent we chose not to patent the idea because we wanted to see the idea expanded on and progress the Precision shooting community. This however is just a direct copy of our design which you had to invest far less time, money and thought into by being able to just copy ours, shame on you sir.

Feel free to call and chat this out if you'd like 435 669 7422 Devin Brandt

Our original prototype was a 3d printed add on to the original housing just as your copy is. Unlike you Kyle we had to invest much more time and money to bring our "basic" first of its kind idea to market, we also wanted to the product to be available 24hrs a day to place an order and paymnet processing people could trust. We believe our basic idea justified a better design is why we decided to replace the whole level housing with a new machined aluminum one. As for the patent we chose not to patent the idea because we wanted to see the idea expanded on and progress the Precision shooting community. This however is just a direct copy of our design which you had to invest far less time, money and thought into by being able to just copy ours, shame on you sir.

(For the record I am buying products from both of the parties involved) From a purely pragmatic point Devin you don’t have a leg to stand on. If your design was worth the money, tooling, time invested then it is on YOU to protect that investment with a patent or copyright. In doing so YOU have the power of enforcement. His design is similar but does NOT straight copy yours.

Last edited:
I don't think 5 lights are necessary, prob not too difficult to modify for 3 cables only? Also curious of how the occular cable housing is fastened to the scope occular?
I often use extreme cant to bend my bullets into the targets (like around an obstruction) or compensate for wind, so I need the outboard lights.
angelina-jolie-bullet.gif

Devin, you should have patented your design. I was an early adopter of your product, we even spoke a few times about improving use on some scopes, and continue to use them to this day. But at the end of the day, I personally don't feel Kyle's design is a pure copy.

Devin, you should have patented your design. I was an early adopter of your product, we even spoke a few times about improving use on some scopes, and continue to use them to this day. But at the end of the day, I personally don't feel Kyle's design is a pure copy.
The basic idea and concept of redirecting the light via fiber optic. And having the indication at the ocular, is the creative part and this is 100% copy of that. It had never been done before, again I didn't patent the idea because I didn't want to slow the progression of cant devices and future advancements. I'm am a one man operation not a big company with a young family with only so much I could invest into and idea that has been proven to be truly evolutionary. I didn't think a copy would come from within the Precision shooting community, I thought China would be the first to copy with cheap 3d printed option, which a patent would also be virtually useless as Chinese manufacturers don't play by the rules.

The basic idea and concept of redirecting the light via fiber optic. And having the indication at the ocular, is the creative part and this is 100% copy of that. It had never been done before, again I didn't patent the idea because I didn't want to slow the progression of cant devices and future advancements. I'm am a one man operation not a big company with a young family with only so much I could invest into and idea that has been proven to be truly evolutionary. I didn't think a copy would come from within the Precision shooting community, I thought China would be the first to copy with cheap 3d printed option, which a patent would also be virtually useless as Chinese manufacturers don't play by the rules.
Is the issue really that someone encroached on your intellectual property or that someone did for half the price? This happens in EVERY sector of the marketplace. If this second option costed $180 per unit then I would guess this would be much less of a big deal.

So you say you wanted the idea expanded on and progressed. What is the idea exactly? It is a way to show the lights from a Send It in the shooters FOV. The design space for moving lights from a particular COTS level (the send it) to the shooters FOV is pretty narrow. Within that narrow realm, I approached things differently. I have a 3D printed clip on attachment to the send it instead of a machined housing, I pipe in 5 lights instead of just the central 3, I include 2 oculars, 2 send it attachments, and fiber optic cable sufficient to build 2 full systems for a pretty fair price.

I designed this because I wanted to pay less than the market currently had something in the category at and I didn’t want to lose 2 out of the 5 lights my fancy level had. I suppose I am curious— do you want there to be no second option available to shooters?

Last edited:
I don't have one of these versions in my hand, but I do have 2 of the BrandBuilt versions. Just looking at the pics, I see rough cut plastic version vs the custom machined aluminum version. For as much money as I've spent on guns and the sport and constantly buying new and very expensive gear and products, I personally don't see saving the $50 for a 3d home printed plastic version very justifiable, but YMMV

Last edited: