1,004 Yard shooting (310GR .338 buldozers)

Re: 1,004 Yard shooting (310GR .338 buldozers)

Thats a looong bullet. What is twist on your barrel? I am actually surprised it stabilized. Any idea on the BC? If you get a chance to put one through a chrono and use the actual drops you can get pretty close in JBM. All the .338 shooters would be very interested - its obviously better than the sierra

Its a 1-10 twist. 26MOA was what the 3 shot group was shot with. it was a 4 inch group at 1,000 yards so It's looking pretty good so far.as for the FPS I'll run them and let you know what they come out at. The 300gr berger was 28.4MOA with a cold boar first shot hit. The BC is still something we are trying to get the correct number on. It seems really high right now and still playing to make sure its correct before we put it out.

So far I only have the "calculated G1 B.C. for these bullets. All my calculations point to a G1 of around .940 This is a pretty rough number. This was calculated using a 14 caliber secant ogive design, but that isn't what is on the bullet. It was the closest thing I could use for my calculations though. Using Bigdaddy's numbers that he supplied, 2655 fps velocity, 85 deg. 80% humidity, 1300 ft. elevation, and 30.5 Hg pressure, I came up with about .920 to get 25 MOA at 1004 yards. Please keep in mind this also is a rough number, and more tests are being conducted. I don't want to release a real number until I'm sure that it's a real world representation of what I have, and that the design isn't going to be changed. This was the first ever firing of these bullets, and I'm still gathering the data from it.

Thanks for the interest. I'll update when I know more.

Scratch everything I just said. I had assumed assumed Bigdaddy dialed up 25 moa from a 200 yard zero, and since I posted that he's told me he was zeroed at 100. Back to my calculator now. I just punched the numbers into JBM quick, and had to use a G1 of 1.2 to get 24.9 moa at 1004 yards with his numbers. PLEASE DO NOT HOLD ME TO THAT NUMBER!! It doesn't seem possible, but I'll test further.

Ok. now I see. He used 26 moa, not 25. That would put me between .940-.970 somewhere. It was a long night at work, and I'm not quite with it this morning.... I'm going to bed. more tests later.

Here are your pics Brandon. Great shooting.

Jeff

1000_target_1Small.jpg

1000target2Small.jpg

1000targetSmall.jpg

1000target6Small.jpg

1000target5Small.jpg

1000target4Small.jpg

WOW! Okay so how do I get my hands on some of those horse pills?! Very nice shooting and even if the bc isn't just on the money it's got to be close to highest for a .338 anywhere. Great shooting!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowstryder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW! Okay so how do I get my hands on some of those horse pills?! Very nice shooting and even if the bc isn't just on the money it's got to be close to highest for a .338 anywhere. Great shooting! </div></div>

Thanks!!! The bullets are not in production yet. We still have a lot of testing to do. If all works out like we plan I’m hoping by September we can have a few to send to some folks to get there feed back to help us with what we are trying to do. So far everything has been Spot on with the design and function of this bullet.

I see that the OP did not check his velocity or 100 yards zero before testing for bullet drop at 1000 yards. Hard to calculate an accurate B.C. without this.

Monolithic .338 bullets look good, but the B.C. is always disapointing compared to a good lead core bullet in the same weight range.