• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

1/4" Three Shot Group From 100 Yards

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
I shot this target yesterday when zeroing in my Savage MK II-FVT w/ the Tasco Target/Varmint 6-24x42 Scope. Shot off the bench with use of bipod and sling only.

It's the center 3 shot group that impressed me after making some adjustments with the fist two shots that are right (high & low). That center 3 shot group measures as best that I can tell - 1/4 inch, center to center.

I'm re'zeroing because I switched to lower scope rings as I felt my other rings were to high when shooting this rifle last year. Anyway, thought I would share. I kind of think this is the best 3 shots in a row that I've ever put together with this rifle from 100 yards. I don't expect this all the time of course. I just had three good shots in a row.
smile.gif

100_0525.jpg

Re: 1/4" Three Shot Group From 100 Yards

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice group, how do you use the bipod and sling at the same time? </div></div>

Just as seen in the link bohem posted.

Now I'll have to try for 5 shots in a row - but I'm not going to hold my breath and expect another group like the one above with the 3 shots. That's just an old dog finding a bone when that happens for me.
smile.gif

Oh it's that good.
But the way I figure it, I've had groups spoiled by a shot being blown out by the wind; sooner or later you ought to have a group which, through no skill of your own, gets blown together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh it's that good.
But the way I figure it, I've had groups spoiled by a shot being blown out by the wind; <span style="font-weight: bold">sooner or later you ought to have a group which, through no skill of your own, gets blown together. </span></div></div>

YUP!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would have quit, too. </div></div>

Hell yeah. I wish I quit after 5 rounds on half of my 200 yard groups haha.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But it took me 17 rounds to get to those last 3 rounds.
grin.gif
</div></div>

It is the simple fact that you did them back-to-back on those particular 3 shots.

Outstanding shooting!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shiraz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know where to purchase one of those slings? </div></div>

Shiraz, I just use my Allen Sling. This is not a good picture of how I do it as I'm trying to show the way I use my sling off the bench, but I'm resting my rifle on top of the freezer while my son took this picture a few minutes ago. It works better (draws tighter) when setting at the shooting bench at the Range, but the technique is pretty much the same.

100_0528.jpg

By the way, this is my new rifle I got today, a 925 Marlin. I'll make a post later about it after I Range test it tomorrow - weather permitting.

They should be. I got mine from our wholesaler who we deal with. I'll take a look at Midway and see if I can find you the product number. If I can't, I can get it from work tomorrow and post the product number here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Joe Martin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They should be. I got mine from our wholesaler who we deal with. I'll take a look at Midway and see if I can find you the product number. If I can't, I can get it from work tomorrow and post the product number here. </div></div>

I didn't see the Allen Sling I use at Midway USA, so I'll get the product number tomorrow and post it.