• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

10/22 Triggers

Eoddave27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2018
Bel Air, MD
So I’m building my youngest son a 10/22. My question is about the triggers. The last one I built I used one of the BX triggers that was about 2 1/2lbs which is about right for a kid. Are the mire expensive triggers assemblies really that much nicer? There is a pretty hafty price difference. Now if they are that much nicer I’m of the buy once cry once mentality but I also don’t want to spend three times the money for very little gain.

there are better trigger as you know it's just hard to describe how much that may be worth to someone. Personally if it's a long term gun I think it's worth it. My biggest problem with the bx is the plastic

I run the Kidd trigger kit $100, and the Clarks Customs trigger group. Don’t remember the cost on the Clarks but both are a significant improvement over the BX triggers.

Reactions: 6gunner
Are the mire expensive triggers assemblies really that much nicer?

I recently bought the Kidd 2-stage for my first 10/22 build. I've used mostly factory triggers (i.e. Savage accu-triggers) but have shot BX triggers that have been modified including a Brimstone job and thought I knew what a nice trigger felt like until I laid hands on the Kidd 2-stage. Yes it's expensive. But in my opinion it's worth the expense.

Would I put it on a kid's build? Yes, but set the weight higher. If you son is a new shooter then I'd suggest starting at 1.25 pounds per stage (totaling 2.5 pound pull) and as your son's shooting progresses you can decrease the weight.

I put a Kidd trigger kit in one of mine and a Volquartsen on another one. Both are much better than the factory trigger. But if I ever have the need to put in another aftermarket trigger in a 10/22 it will be a Kidd hands down they just have a great feel to them, this is coming from a financially conservative guy aka tight ass haha. Plus the trigger weight is adjustable via springs in a kit so it is easy to tune to what you want for a pull weight.

My son and I shoot a kidd super grade with a 2 stage trigger. The difference between it an a factory trigger is not really describable. There is a touch of creep that Kidd says is unavoidable in the design, then a smooth first stage. The second stage is almost imperceptible- you just think it and the gun goes off- even though both stages are set to 1 lb (light field weight). Is it worth it? OH YEAH!

When we practice/plink/have a range day, I make my kids shoot the same bone stock 10/22 I got when I was 7 or 8 years old, and remington golden bullets- I don't want them forgetting where they come from...;)

Kidd 2 stage all the way. There's nothing better. Cost sucks but you get what you pay for. A gunsmith trigger or drop in is nice.........until you feel a kidd 2 stage. Its like going back to wet film (the eod guy will get it)-Norcal911

I almost forgot about the old wet film X ray. The fact that I even remember it is probably dating myself though. I think we converted to digital in the late 90’s early 2000’s if I remember right.

I have a BX now for a squirrel gun and it's good enough for that purpose, but the KIDD 2 stage is possibly one of the best triggers I've ever used on a semi-auto rifle. I bought one when they first came on the market years ago and eventually parted out the rifle and sold it. That was one of my biggest selling regrets ever.

Reactions: Seymour Fish