1000 yard 308 ammo supplier

garrett4

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2004
oak ridge tn
Hey guys, I saw an ad on here the other day which I have been uanble to find with search engine....the load 308 ammo with their own receipe that is supposed to go out to 1300 yards supersonic... anyone know who it is and have a link to it.

Thanks

Re: 1000 yard 308 ammo supplier

Try Southwest Ammunition....they are a Hide supporter. I use their 175gr SMK. They use brand new Lapua brass with all their ammo. Will get you where you want to.

Bryan, can I ask what speeds you are getting out of your 155 and 175 loads that you are selling?

Also how does your 155 loads compare to Factory Lapua 155 loads as far as performance goes?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try Southwest Ammunition....they are a Hide supporter. I use their 175gr SMK. They use brand new Lapua brass with all their ammo. Will get you where you want to. </div></div>

Indeed, Southwest Ammo will get you there. Great ammo.

To clarify, they load 308 in both Lapua and Win brass. You can specify what you want.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bryan, can I ask what speeds you are getting out of your 155 and 175 loads that you are selling?

Also how does your 155 loads compare to Factory Lapua 155 loads as far as performance goes?</div></div>

The 155 load pushes 3000 fps from a 30" barrel (intended for FULLBORE target shooting, rounds are not mag length).

The 175 Tactical load is mag length and gets 2570 from my 20" OBR.

Both are single digit standard deviation.

I haven't tested Lapua's factory load so I can't comment on them.

-Bryan

Bryan,
I have three new boxes (250 ea) of the Gen 1 bergers for the 338 cal 300 grain. Can I somehow trade them for Gen 2's? If so how do I go about it and how long will it take to get the 2 gen bullets???

Thanks
kelly zier

I haven't choreographed the 175 smk's out of my 20 in barrel......what is everyone else getting? About 2550 fps?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adamxdavis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't choreographed the 175 smk's out of my 20 in barrel......what is everyone else getting? About 2550 fps? </div></div>

Your bullets dance together?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot1760</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bryan,
I have three new boxes (250 ea) of the Gen 1 bergers for the 338 cal 300 grain. Can I somehow trade them for Gen 2's? If so how do I go about it and how long will it take to get the 2 gen bullets???

Thanks
kelly zier </div></div>

Kelly,

Please contact Teresa at: [email protected]

She can process your gen1 -> gen2 exchange.

-Bryan

Bryan,

What's the difference in performance between Gen1 and Gen2 Hybrids (338LM 300gr)?

And what G7 BC is correct for each gen correspondingly? .419 or .418?

Thanks!

So I am new to reloading and I am trying to work up a good 308 load for distance. I have heard a lot of guys talking about varget for a powder choice. What do you guys think? What are you using. My goal is to product a round that will be consistant (think thats every shooters goal) and will hopefully land me in the 1000 yard club. I am currently using Fed brass also.... Thanks for the advice.

I shoot Varget almost exclusively for my longer range stuff when I need the extra velocity. I also have two kegs of military surplus "H-380 Equivalent" that I have worked up some real nice loads with for 100 yard and according to my chronograph they should group great longer range too.

Of course with all hand loading YMMV as there are boatloads of variables from rifle to rifle. I would recommend picking a few powders (for sure Varget as a choice - seems to be consistently good across the board) and start at the low end of your manual working up.

There are plenty of how-tos on here about working up loads, but I usually start with 5 rounds spaced at .5gr each trickled +-.1gr and log velocity of each shot. Find the round with the velocities you prefer and with the best std deviation.

Just always keep in mind while hand loading that consistency = accuracy. Take it slow, take your time and make sure you learn good habits.

Listen to Bryan Litz, this guy knows his stuff about better than anyone. After I shoot up all my southeast ammunition my next order is coming fom Litz ammo.......175gr .308s.

He even wrote a book on applied ballistics!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bryan Litz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://appliedballisticsllc.com/TacticalAmmo.html </div></div>

Hey Bryan,

Has this ammo been tested to be near OCW and group well (in addition to giving low SDs) in multiple types of rifles? Was gonna recommend it to my brother for his coming Rem. 5R Milspec...

- Fellow PSU grad. (and still here...)