1000 yds. range NW IN.

Bushmaster55

Private
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2008
NW Indiana
My apologies if this is in the wrong place. I’m taking a long shot (no pun intended) and asking if there are any members in NW Indiana that know of a 1000 yrd range in the area. I’m about 50 miles SE of Chicago. I caught the bug from this site over a year ago and have a Savage 10 fcp in 308 w SS 10X. I have traveled to Ohio and shot at Thunder Valley on two occasions and had a blast. Actually hit my first 1k steel there (not on the first round but I did make it before I left the first day) Tom, Breeze and the rest over there are a great bunch of guys. Problem is it’s over 8 hrs away and makes for a long day if you know what I mean. Where I live there is plenty of flat farm land all over but when you start stretching out to 1k. things can get a little problematic. Not exactly the season for long range shooting but what the hell I’d like to hear recommendations, thoughts or suggestions from others that may be in a similar situation. Maybe suggestions on how to approach a land owner for permission to shoot a high power rifle these kind of distances and assure him you know what your doing

Re: 1000 yds. range NW IN.

+1 For Young's heated range in the winter. Lots of steel targets. Really nice lady runs the place, and if you are there on the right day she brings you free hot dogs and burgers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Young's Longshot Range, Wolcottville.

http://www.youngslongshot.com/</div></div>