• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Night Vision 1024 or 1280 Clip On

TheHebrewHammer

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
May 1, 2021
The South
With all of the companies coming out with 1280 or 1024 thermal scopes, has anyone heard anything about a next gen clip on coming out? I'm not talking about the new HISS or something that is mil/leo only. It seems strange that companies are still releasing new 640 clip on options (at great price points) but haven't heard a peep about a next generation option being around the corner.

Reactions: Evolution 9
I can't remember which company it was, but there is a newer thermal out there advertising a near 2000x2000 display screen.
The Swarovski t35? Other than a great screen this unit is pretty useless with non-focusable lens, low-resolution sensor, featureless easy-to-use concept for Swarovskis.

The best clip-ons I know of (I don't have access to the US market) are Pulsar Krypton and Infiray Mate.
The Infiray may have a slightly better image, but overall the Pulsar is the winner (there are two versions).

640 sensors only.

1080 and 1280 sensors are just (kind of) hitting the shelves, and clip ons are mainly for Germany and other markets where thermal scopes are banned. IWA 2025 Germany, possibly I'd say, without knowing.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I'd hope we get something like that soon! It sounds like a larger sensor would only give larger FOV all else equal (otherwise the lens becomes huge / expensive). If sensor tech can reduce the sensor pitch, then a larger sensor could be fed by lens similar to today's 640 units.

Given where we are today, I'd love a 1040 sensor with a 10-12 deg FOV (should perform close to a 6-8 deg FOV 640 unit but have larger FOV)

Reactions: TheHebrewHammer
The Skeetir-L was updated to the Skeetir-X…

This was a 320 to 640 jump.
The resolution dramatically increased.
The unit size hardly changed at all.
The lense size hardly changed at all.
The FOV is similar if not identical.

So:

We know that dramatic leaps in resolution are possible without dramatic lense, FOV, body, etc. changes. The price difference wasn’t too dramatic either.

The same thing will happen again. It may be 3 years or it may be 10, but it’s going to happen.

I’m definitely going to be in line for the 1280 Voodoo-S 🙂

The Skeetir-L was updated to the Skeetir-X…

This was a 320 to 640 jump.
The resolution dramatically increased.
The unit size hardly changed at all.
The lense size hardly changed at all.
The FOV is similar if not identical.

So:

We know that dramatic leaps in resolution are possible without dramatic lense, FOV, body, etc. changes. The price difference wasn’t too dramatic either.

The same thing will happen again. It may be 3 years or it may be 10, but it’s going to happen.

I’m definitely going to be in line for the 1280 Voodoo-S 🙂
I'm not one to say tech needs to stop developing, but I think that unit would cover basically everything. Voodoo M 1280 would cover the remaining 10%!

Maybe by then we will have SWIR and cooled units to choose from...?