• #0001 Limited edition launch patch (only 200 available)

Grab a limited edition patch and use code AMERICA24 for 20% off all merch

Grab your patch

13 Twist Results

David Lott

Private
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2012
Brenham Tx
diprecision.com
I have been ask several times about the accuracy of faster twist barrels on rimfire, specifically if they are less accurate at 50 yards compared to a 16 twist. These were done a month apart then sent in to see how the process repeated.
View attachment 8451550
20240306_173835.jpg
20240306_173815.jpg
20240306_173741.jpg
20240313_184428.jpg
ATT00001.jpg
ATT00004.jpg
ATT00003.jpg
ATT00002.jpg

Last edited:
David. I have one of your recent builds with 25” 1.25 strait with no threads! It is a hammer at 50 out to 350. Have a lot of sk long range that it shoots extremely well. I think it is more about the chamber than the twist.
Thanks, one thing we have noticed with the 13 twist and how we chamber is that they seem to shoot ANY quality match ammo very well.

In the last results target shown, it has the words "clear winner for this gun" printed beside two images of 100 meter results.
The size of the ten shot group on the left is 0.79 (inches) and the size of the group on the right is 0.78.

On the other targets the average of the two similar groups are calculated predictably. On this one the math appears to be off. It says the average of 0.79 and 0.78 is 0.52".

David. I have one of your recent builds with 25” 1.25 strait with no threads! It is a hammer at 50 out to 350. Have a lot of sk long range that it shoots extremely well. I think it is more about the chamber than the twist.
@David Lott I’d agree with this, but think from your tests it probably both chambering and Twist that make your guns so stellar. I purchased a 1:16 DIP chambered Vudoo with 25” Kreiger barrel, just before I learned about their results with 1:13. I only own 1:16 twist guns so can only compare to those, but have 5 other Vudoo’s with their in house offerings of Bartelin, Proof, and Ace, in various lengths, and even with the same twist rates the DIP chambered rig clearly out performs all of my other 22’s I own. Less than scientific but definitely speaks to the chambering quality as a very important variable!

Now I want a 25” 1:13 DIP, but they have been sold out on the website when I check each time over the last year+ timespan, and the used ones listed on SH typically are spoken for in very short order. Guess it’s no secret, these things just flat out shoot!

Reactions: David Lott
@David Lott I’d agree with this, but think from your tests it probably both chambering and Twist that make your guns so stellar. I purchased a 1:16 DIP chambered Vudoo with 25” Kreiger barrel, just before I learned about their results with 1:13. I only own 1:16 twist guns so can only compare to those, but have 5 other Vudoo’s with their in house offerings of Bartelin, Proof, and Ace, in various lengths, and even with the same twist rates the DIP chambered rig clearly out performs all of my other 22’s I own. Less than scientific but definitely speaks to the chambering quality as a very important variable!

Now I want a 25” 1:13 DIP, but they have been sold out on the website when I check each time over the last year+ timespan, and the used ones listed on SH typically are spoken for in very short order. Guess it’s no secret, these things just flat out shoot!
I like to think that the machine we chamber on and our process is why they are so accurate. To put things into perspective, the average human hair is .004 in diameter, split that 4 ways is .001, split .001 into 10 equal parts gets you down to .0001, .0001 is what our machine holds for tolerance, that is about as perfect as humanly possible. We take our time to indicate the barrel back to zero between each process, time consuming yes but the results speak for themselves. In the day and age where the focus is profit, I put precision ahead of profits. That method does put on a financial strain at times but at the end of the day my name is on the line.

This next batch of barrels should be able to get us ahead of sales, so they will be available in the next few weeks online.

I like to think that the machine we chamber on and our process is why they are so accurate. To put things into perspective, the average human hair is .004 in diameter, split that 4 ways is .001, split .001 into 10 equal parts gets you down to .0001, .0001 is what our machine holds for tolerance, that is about as perfect as humanly possible. We take our time to indicate the barrel back to zero between each process, time consuming yes but the results speak for themselves. In the day and age where the focus is profit, I put precision ahead of profits. That method does put on a financial strain at times but at the end of the day my name is on the line.

This next batch of barrels should be able to get us ahead of sales, so they will be available in the next few weeks online.
I like to hear that. Looking forward to see what my rifle will do when it comes in.

Reactions: David Lott