140 RDF transonic stability

pitdog85

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2017
Can anyone comment on how these projectiles perform going transonic are they remaining stable? Was looking at the 130 norma golden targets I saw somewhere on this forum or another that they are not stable and are tumbling transonic.

It is a hybrid design with a hollow nose so odds of staying stable are a little better. Don't know anyone shooting them though. Some reports on accurate shooter forums. They should have lots of info about their experiences so far.

Is the Bartlein 5R? My 6.5 Creed is a 1-8" twist. I'm not pushing it hard, but getting 2700 fps. I gotta say right now I'm kinda tired of paying for barrels and barrel setbacks.

I'm always wondering if there is an easier way to get more velocity without eating barrels.

Yes, it is a 5r. It is a AINA barrel. How many rounds do you shoot a year? Look at the cost to shoot a barrel out and a new blank cost really isn't a big portion of the total expense. I shoot a lot of PRS so I've just accepted that barrels are like tires. You replace them when they wear out and the harder you push them, the faster they wear out.

I know barrels are an accepted cost. Not so much though when not actively competing in anything. I was lamenting my 6-.284 that I had set back a couple times with as little as 1200 rounds. I had it set back when I saw erosion. I didn't wait until the barrel was totally smoked and couldn't be used anymore.