• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Spotters 15x56 Bino's

LR1845

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
Apr 30, 2021
Nevada
I've been running the Tract Toric 15x56 Binos for awhile now....use to own the Meopta Meostar B1 HD 15x56s and loved them....while the Tract Torics are pretty nice I am ready to step back up the the Alpha Binos and am looking at the 15x56 Swaro SLCs and the 15x56 Meopta B1s.

So are the Swaro SLC 15x56 still the hands down best glass? Has anyone done a side by side with the SLCs and the B1s? Do the SLCs honestly see $600 better than the B1's? Low light is not a huge concern as I am not a hunter and these will be used for spotting matches.
I know the Meoptas as I said I use to own a pair so I guess I am asking more about the Swaros.

Thanks Dave

14 NL Pures knocked the 15x56 SLCs off the top perch. I don't have either pair of binos, but a lot of people are selling off their 15x SLCs in order to get into the new 14x NL Pures.

Reactions: LR1845
14 NL Pures knocked the 15x56 SLCs off the top perch. I don't have either pair of binos, but a lot of people are selling off their 15x SLCs in order to get into the new 14x NL Pures.
Dammit another wrench in the gears LOL! I will have to look into the 14s as well now.

At $3500 I am back to the SLCs and the B1s.

Well, I never said they were cheap ;)

The good news is that the used market is flooded with SLCs, so you can probably find a deal if you look. $1600-1700 for 15x SLCs is probably not out of reach right now.

I would check out Rokslide's used optics section.

Well, I never said they were cheap ;)

The good news is that the used market is flooded with SLCs, so you can probably find a deal if you look. $1600-1700 for 15x SLCs is probably not out of reach right now.

I would check out Rokslide's used optics section.
Thank you sir I will take a look over there.

Reactions: kthomas
I've known 2 people to have there tripod top over and knock the b1s out of focus. Both had to send them back and were not impressed with the warranty service.
I have noticed in my research a lot of issues with the Meoptas and then the CS is slow or unresponsive also I read that all warranty work is in Czechia now? But have also read CS was great so IDK I guess pros and cons to everything. I am leaning hard towards the SLC's at this point everything I have read says they are optically slightly better than all the others and then there is the resale value if I decide to, I took a beating on the B1s when I sold them years ago.

Reactions: M4orturnate
I own SLC's and have played with B1's. I prefer the SLC's glass. I think my next move in the bino's department will be a pair of VectorX's for their functionality.