• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

17 hmr ammo selections?

Re: 17 hmr ammo selections?

One box of every type you can get your hands on. Every gun is different and for some reason shoots even the same grain and shape of bullet from one brand diff than another. So get as many different ones as you can and give them all a run to see what your gun likes to eat best. Some like CCI, some like hornday, some like federal, some like 17gr, some like 20 gr, some like v-max, some like game points. Just have to try them.

Hornady 16 gr VMAX. Always half moa or less at 100 yards through my Ruger 77/17 Black Laminate. First rifle I ever bought, best rifle I ever bought. Dislikes CCI and HATES Remington. Never used Federal, but love all their other rifle ammo. Hornady has always been available. Just my opinions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigwheeler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 93 likes the hornady 17 grain FB plastictip. It's the pre accutrigger with the
longer receiver. </div></div>

+1 to Hornady ammo.

I have always been a fan of Hornady and the 17 grs shoot fantastic out of my Marlin 917vs. Tried some CCI and then shoot pretty close to the same as the Hornady. Midsouthshootersupply.com is where I get my 17 ammo; Hornadys were $10.30 a box.