• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

.17 HMR build with acis folding stock?

TNottingham

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2014
Hey there,
I was hoping some one on here could point me in the right direction to see if somebody could build me such a rifle
I am looking for a 17hmr, with a fully fluted barrel/bolt if possible, set in the acis 2.0 folder.

hoping to get something looking like this,

DSC_0248.jpg

I love the fluting on this rifle, I wish I could figure out who did it.
any help is much appreciated, also trying to figure out what action would work the best if any.... I am kind of leaning to the ruger 77/17

Thanks again!

It could be possible but it would be a very expensive single shot, expect to pay $3,000.
Remington 40x action
rebarreled with a 17 caliber barrel then chambered in 17 hmr(as long as the 17hmr and 22lr have the same bolt face)
Kampfeld custom or Longrifles Inc can accommodate the fluting

You'll have a rifle that you dumped alot of cash into and it will be very hard to sell if you had to.

If I were you do a search on the AICS Rimfire conversion, there have been quite a few of them here on this forum in the rimfire section. If you use a Savage, Marlin or CZ action the gun will be a repeater. The Remington 40X will be "correct" you could get a Hall action I believe that is a 40X clone(I think) that takes some kind of rimfire magazine. The 40X or Custom action will be a considerable investment. The other rimfire guns will be a good bit easier on the wallet! If it were me I would go with a CZ action and have a custom AICS chassis machined to fit. I am currently thinking of doing the same thing with my gun.

Ben

Thank you for the info, I will do some more research, I am hoping I can get the guys and gals at mile high to help me build one. I have seen a forum where mile high built one for somebody on here, trying to think of what it was titled.....

Any reason in particular why you want a 17hmr? Ive stopped shooting my X-17 as the ammunition these days is twice what I can shoot 223 for and notnearly as accurate. I dont know wwhat changed in the hornady ammo but it used to be good now its dirty and crappy. As an owner of an expensive 17hmr I'd advise against it. Youre at the mercy of the ammo manufacturers as to how accurate it will be. Its not like 22lr where theres a ton of match grade ammo makers.