• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

1906 Winchester...Help!

omurnion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 26, 2009
Jordan, MT
I picked one up the other day for next to nothing. It was missing the stocks, but not a big deal I found replacements. I'm not concerned with historical value on this rifle because I am going to let my kids shot the hell out of it. I take it apart last night to clean it up and was horribly surprised to find that the barrel is completely rusted out. I have two options, get a liner put in the barrel or replace it. I'm having problems with both. I can't locate any barrels and I can't seem to find anyone who well put a liner in, a few were willing but when they told me what it would cost I almost fainted. So does anyone know where I can find a replacement barrel, if so I have an 1890 with the octogon barrel in the same shape, or do you know any one who will put a liner in that won't charge me a fortune. I'm not concerned with keeping the guns orignal, they are to use not to look at.