• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

20moa base for marlin and stock??

skinz0021

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2008
northwest, arkansas
Where could I find a base for my marlin bolt gun it is a 880sq. Even if I need to have holes drilled/tapped in action that could be done. I do not want to buy a blank that needs to be milled to fit my action because my smith does not have a mill. But drilling tapping is not an issue.

Also anyone know where to find a stock similar to mcmillan or b&c? I know there was a guy making them in his garage but it is really hard to search this site on my cell phone.

I like the Richards microfit prone stock, but have not heard the greatest things about customer service.

Re: 20moa base for marlin and stock??

I am fairly sure the 880sq has the same receiver/barrel as the 917 series rifles. You can buy any OEM Marlin stock directly from marlin. I don't think they have any McMillan or B&C style stocks, but they do have some really nice laminated thumbhole stocks.

Check out RimefireCentral.com. There is a guy on there screen name Tuck. He makes great stocks and could probably make you any style stock you wanted. It would be wood, but you could always paint it up black. Also do a search, Richards microfit and Tundra (www.stockysstocks.com) have a few, but they are laminated.

As far as bases go, I don't think there are any 20 MOA bases for the 880SQ/980V/917 guns. Halo mfg use to make a one piece base as well as BKL and Dednutz. These are all 0 MOA though.

Honestly, your best bet would be to buy some Burris Sig. Zee rings with the MOA inserts. These rings work slick and could get you all the MOA you would need.

Another reason I suggested the Burris rings. I have two Marlin rimfires, a 917V and a 980V (880sq with T900 trigger). Both of these guns came from the factory with the receiver holes drilled slightly off center. I don't know if this would have any effect on a one piece base, but it did cause problems with two piece bases. The Burris rings allow me to add MOA to the scope as well as some to the side to adjust for the misalignment. Not saying all Marlins are this way, just something to check.
smile.gif

Good luck in your search.