• It's Hunting Season: Show Us Your Rack!

Hunting season is finally here and we want to see pictures of your rack! Show us what you've got and we'll throw in a few t-shirts to people that send pics 👀

View thread
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

.22 Dope help

Bryan W M

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2011
East KS
With SK rifle match this is what I have gotten confirmed over 3 different days.
50 yard zero.
100 yards 1.6 mi
188 yard 6.5
300 yards 13.3

Temp has been 60-75
Elevation 1080

Need an idea for 355 yard target and the 440 yard target.

With job and 3 boys getting to run out to the deck to shoot is limited.

Do you have a sound velocity, or just shooting at a lasered distance and building your dope that way? There are several cheap apps that all have slightly different procedures to true velocity and/or BC at distance. Now I really prefer to use a sound muzzle velocity and true the BC. Out that far I have found SK to ge pretty inconsistent, although you are probably warmer down south, with corresponding higher velocities.

Laser the distance and shoot.
The drop chart @lash has posted got me close enough on the 300 yard target. The 188 target is on the pond damn I sent one in the pond to get close enough to be on the t post the second shot and the target the next .

Reactions: lash
With SK rifle match this is what I have gotten confirmed over 3 different days.
50 yard zero.
100 yards 1.6 mi
188 yard 6.5
300 yards 13.3

Temp has been 60-75
Elevation 1080

Need an idea for 355 yard target and the 440 yard target.

With job and 3 boys getting to run out to the deck to shoot is limited.
Are missing some info such as scope height, humidity and pressure.

Using some common assumptions on those; you are .1 high, then .2 low, then .2 high from the prediction in AB. FWIW at 300 is where a second curve starts for most or use of the DSF ability in the Kestrel Elite pays off. 355@ 17.6 mils and 440@ 24.9 mils should allow you to see dirt splash to correct off of like you have been doing.

Reactions: Bryan W M