• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Hunting & Fishing .264/6.5cm Lead free bullet experiences

ssteve

Private
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2011
California just implemented needing lead free projectiles in all zones and I need to work up a load for my 6.5cm. I am wondering who has had good experiences with what bullet? I have a ton of h4350 so I would like to use that along with norma brass from my bergara hmr.

California here too.

Barnes TSX, TTSX, and LRX. Been shooting copper for awhile now and the Barnes bullets have always performed well. They hit hard.

Last edited:
Another vote for TSX or TTSX.
Been running strictly Barnes for hunting since 2004.

Always a solid wound channel through the animal. Out of a few dozen animals only recovered two bullets. Both quartering shots through front shoulder and hip in back...both recovered just under skins. One weighed 99.7gr and other was 97.1. They were the old .257 100gr XLCs...smurf killers haha!

I've killed several elk with 120gr tsx. Double lung shots, no greater than 150 yards. One ran 60 yards the others laid down right there.

We have used Barnes bullets a lot. My daughter killed a big mule deer buck at 637 with the Barmes 127 LRX from a 6.5SLR 22" 1:8".

But, I am trying the 124 Hammer Hunter in it this year for pronghorn and mule deer. Also going to try the 131 Hammer Hunter in my new 6.5SS 26" 1:7.5" that should be ready this week. I will be shooting the 101 Hammer Hunter in my 6CM for pronghorn in a month. They are ridiculously accurate, and the speeds they get are unreal.