3-in-1 for case lube

18Echo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Jun 12, 2007
Maricopa Co., AZ
Has anyone else used 3-in-1 oil for case lube or something similar before?

I was necking down Peterson 300 Norma brass using Hornady One Shot and it was working okay, but not necessarily great. I didn’t want to run to the garage to get my sizing wax because it’s July in Arizona and the interior of my garage is like walking on the surface of the sun…

I had some 3-in-1 on my bench so I just dabbed a little on my finger tips and did the necks on the remaining brass and it worked great.

Started necking down another virgin batch of 50 a few days later to prep for fire forming and went straight to the 3-in-1. Put all 50 in a ziploc storage bag, put a quarter sized dollop on my hand and then just mixed it around in the bag with my hand. The sizing was an absolute breeze, no “sticking “ or felt friction during sizing.

Cleaned the brass in an ultra sonic cleaner with shooters choice concentrate cleaner for 40 minutes and dried in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes. Cases look great.

Anyways, thought I’d pass this on if some of the newer reloaders had never heard about it. I would definitely only do this though if your wet cleaning with pins or a sonic cleaner.

Cheers..

I was necking down Peterson 300 Norma brass using Hornady One Shot and it was working okay, but not necessarily great. I didn’t want to run to the garage to get my sizing wax because it’s July in Arizona and the interior of my garage is like walking on the surface of the sun…

I had some 3-in-1 on my bench so I just dabbed a little on my finger tips and did the necks on the remaining brass and it worked great.

Started necking down another virgin batch of 50 a few days later to prep for fire forming and went straight to the 3-in-1. Put all 50 in a ziploc storage bag, put a quarter sized dollop on my hand and then just mixed it around in the bag with my hand. The sizing was an absolute breeze, no “sticking “ or felt friction during sizing.

Cleaned the brass in an ultra sonic cleaner with shooters choice concentrate cleaner for 40 minutes and dried in the oven at 250 for 20 minutes. Cases look great.

Anyways, thought I’d pass this on if some of the newer reloaders had never heard about it. I would definitely only do this though if your wet cleaning with pins or a sonic cleaner.

Cheers..
You dried them in an oven after sonic cleaning??? Just put them out in your garage! o_O :giggle:

Out here on the west side of Phoenix, my garage is like yours and I don't keep anything out there this time of year that has a low melting point . . . including me. ;)

Reactions: Snuby642 and 18Echo

Cheers..
If it works it works