300 Norma Mag

jaybigboy34

Supporter
Minuteman
Supporter
Aug 23, 2017
Has anybody had any real world research or experience on the 300 norma mag having inconsistant pressure spikes and velocity changes when shooting at an angle due to the case fill rate not bei

No solid data at all , but I have done some high angle shots up and down with no issues . Primer
choice may be a thing : got a couple of hang fires in level orientation at range during initial testing,
so swapped to CCI Magnum primers . Zero hang fires or issues with the Magnum primer .

Reactions: jaybigboy34
No issues whatsoever, given that the case is almost full, bullets are long, and most components are high quality, I can't see how it would happen. But, apparently it has, and I don't understand why. It's not like you're shooting subsonic loads with minimal powder.

Waiting on my 300nm barrel for my AI,so I will keep an eye on this thread for in info.

Here are the components I will be using
Powder= Retumbo, N570
Brass= Norma Brass
Primer= Fed 215M, Winchester WRLM
Bullets= 225 ELD-M, 230 A-TIP or Berger 230 Hybrid

Reactions: pfl338
Inefficient = any cartridge other than the one a company is trying to sell. To me, comfortably shooting 230gr bergers at 3000fps with a 26" barrel has not filled me with regret. There's tons of room left in the magazine for longer bullets too.

I love my 300Nm. 27 inch barrel. AI ASR. Berger 215s going 3000 FPS is awesome. But you’re right at $5 per round for factory ammo so hand loading is a must. N570 has been awesome. I’m using Peterson brass and fed primers.