300 RUM, 1000 yards, 3 shots, 1.75"

I just built one of these on a Sendero action with a extended box mag. If you don't mind sharing, what powder and bullet are you using? I currently use H1000 and a 208 Amax at 3200FPS.

Tazman, was just going to say that I have just about finished working up a load using retumbo.

I have a basically stock sendero sfII and was using H1000 with 208 amax but was not really satisfied with the load that I had developed.

I started working up a load with Retumbo and noticed pretty fast that it was giving me more consistency as far as group size across varying charges. The velocities I was getting were less consistent than H1000 though.

I have one more round of testing and I should have a way better load than with the H1000. I've already had three charges that have shot equal or better groups than the best charge I found with H1000.

I did a complete ladder and a lot of shooting trying to find a good load with the H1000 and I came up with a crappy load that shot .604" (3 shot 100 yd group).

I've had two charges with Retumbo so far shoot under .5" and am pretty sure I'm going to find something in these last loads that shoot under .4" (which will be good enough for me)

I appreciate the info. Let me know how your velocity tests go. I have good luck with H1000 but if there is something better, I will try it to see how it does. I assume you are still using the 208 Amax?

Yea I'm still using the 208 amax, I'm also not really pushing the velocity, trying not to burn thru barrels and brass.

I started seeing very slight extractor marks at 92gn so I stoped there. My velocity was right at 3000fps with this charge but the best accuracy has been around 89.5 to 90.2 and that is where I am working right now. Velocities in that charge rang are from 2875 to 2950.

It looks like I'm going to end up using 90.1 grains of retumbo with 208 A-max and 250 CCI primers.

This combo got me 2915 fps. I got a .720" 5 shot group at 100 yds. It would have been a .270" 3 shot group but the 4th and 5th shots both went slightly low and left.

Maybe I didn't let the barrel cool down enough after the 3rd shot or maybe I just couldn't do better than this. Maybe that is just as good as this rifle is capable of.

I am going to use the load with retumbo, the best I could get out of the H1000 was 3 shot .604" group. It seemed like there was a wide range where the retumbo shot well, I think there were 5 groups that shot under a inch from 89.5 to 90.3. The 90.0 and 90.2 shot similarly to 90.1 just slight larger groups.

I had several groups with h1000 that shot under an inch too but they were spread around and not in a group.