• We're live!

We've got the homepage updated and subscriptions are now managed through HideTV. If you run into any bugs please contact alexj-12 or use our contact form for help!

ENTER HIDETV VIEW THREAD

.300 Win Mag reloading

sharp1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2013
I am reloading .300 win mag and Im using H1000 powder, Sierra gameking 200gr spitzer bt's. Im looking for suggestions on how much powder to use. Does anyone have a good recipe? I can find some for components close to what I have but not exact and dont want to blow up!

Thanks!

I am currently working on loads for the same bullet. H1000 76.4 gr seems to be a good load. Retumbo is showing me more promise right now, but that load was the center of an excellent group during my ladder test last weekend. Havent chronometer it yet.

Ryan

Right in the middle of developing a load for my 300 WM.. I'm running a AICS Rem 700 Switch Barrel (300WM & 7mm RM) done by Moon @ Crescent Customs. It has a 26" Bartlein 5R, 1:10 twist; threaded for a ThunderBeast 30P-1.

I'm using 208 Amax. Started with Retumbo, but that has a significant recoil. Found two nodes at 74 & 77grains. The 77grain is very accurate but likely is running right on the edge of too hot.

The load with H1000 is between 75 and 75.3 grains. This is running about 2835fps and is very comfortable to shoot. Thus far it has held to 0.5 MOA out to 700yds. I will likely stick with H1000.

Best of luck.

Andrew

I am reloading .300 win mag and Im using H1000 powder, Sierra gameking 200gr spitzer bt's. Im looking for suggestions on how much powder to use. Does anyone have a good recipe? I can find some for components close to what I have but not exact and dont want to blow up!

Thanks!

This is not a load you want to just take someone advice.
If I where you I would get a Sierra reloading manual, and work up suggested loads.

That is what I do with my 300 wm.