• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

300 wsm in Accuracy International Chassis

Beamr308Win.

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2011
Pittsburgh Pa.
Ok, I have been searching and can not find anything on this topic so please help me out if you can...

I currently shoot a Remington 700 .308win that is set into an AICS 2.0 stock. What I would like to do is have a new rifle made with a Stiller Tac30 action and a Lilja barrel that will shoot 300 wsm. I am wondering if anyone out there has ever succussfully modified the AI .308 magazine to fit and feed the 300 wsm case?

Any feedback will be a great help

Re: 300 wsm in Accuracy International Chassis

Your smith can also open up the mag lips on your AI mags for the 300WSM to feed. That's what my smith did to mine. It will only hold 4 though, I think. Not sure, but perhaps 3 only on the single stacker and 7 on the AW.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Beamr308Win.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You just made my day, thank you. Ive been looking to make this rifle for months but didnt want to blow 2k on a gun that wouldnt feed properly </div></div>

You are welcome. My issue was that I had a perfectly good McRee's chassis and a 300 wsm R700, but no way to feed it. I attempted to locate the post from some time back, where someone explained exactly how to modify your magazines to run WSM cartridges. I just didn't want to eff up my magazines, if I messed up the modification. Low and behold, RWS posted this:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1986152

I ordered a couple and now have my 300 wsm rig in my McRee's chassis and the magazines run flawlessly.

Try Tactical Rifles.net, my buddy just bought a 300wsm in an AI chassis from them....

It's called the Tactical LR Magnum....