300PRC

Coltonlrs

Private
Minuteman
May 29, 2019
Hey guys I’m currently having a custom rifle being built in 300PRC just wondering if anyone has any load development done I’ll be running a 26inch barrel looking to shoot out to 2,000 yards trying to see what powders will work best I’ll be using the flat line bullets that are 198 gr I would appreciate any help

If you don't see your specific setup listed, we are happy to run a custom chart for you. All charts are listed with respect to burn rate and are designed to be starting points only. Velocities and pressures will vary due to individual rifle specs. We include the variety of powders so that you can choose. Personally, i use powders that allow me to keep my density at or above 95%.

If you don't see your specific setup listed, we are happy to run a custom chart for you. All charts are listed with respect to burn rate and are designed to be starting points only. Velocities and pressures will vary due to individual rifle specs. We include the variety of powders so that you can choose. Personally, i use powders that allow me to keep my density at or above 95%.
Hi Dan just go those bullets you guys sent out and do they look great I can’t wait to shoot them. Josh told me to use reloader 33 he’s making me a 26” barrel. I’m new to the reloading game and I’ve talked to a few people and get different answers some say reloader 26/ H1000. I was going to buy all three powders to try them out but I would rather spend my money on your guys bullets lol. I have a competition coming up in September that we are shooting from 500 yards to 1,600 yards I truly trust your and Josh’s opinions so any help would be greatly appreciated

Looks like N560 would be my 1st choice. The RL33 and H1000 will work, but will be a bit an the slow side. Rl26 will be a bit on the fast side, as the chart shows it at 91% load density at the starting point. It's still worth tryin though.

Looks like N560 would be my 1st choice. The RL33 and H1000 will work, but will be a bit an the slow side. Rl26 will be a bit on the fast side, as the chart shows it at 91% load density at the starting point. It's still worth tryin though.
Ok cool thanks so much I greatly appreciate your wisdom and willingness to give advice

Put it this way, we were shooting and hitting at 2,000 plus with factory Hornady Match ammo out of a bone stock Ruger Precision Rifle at the media event.

With awesome projectiles should be no issues.

Plus in the thread, plenty have shared their loads. H1000, RL26, and others.

I will soon be trying 8133.

Part of reloading is trying out different components.

Try ladder tests with different powders then go from there.

Reactions: Ledzep
Tru
Put it this way, we were shooting and hitting at 2,000 plus with factory Hornady Match ammo out of a bone stock Ruger Precision Rifle at the media event.

With awesome projectiles should be no issues.

Plus in the thread, plenty have shared their loads. H1000, RL26, and others.

I will soon be trying 8133.

Part of reloading is trying out different components.

Try ladder tests with different powders then go from there.
True that is what reloading is about and I will I just wanted to see if anyone has used the flat line 198gr bullets and see what results they got and to see what would be a good starting point to try to help cut cost a little bit because those flat lines are $1.65 a piece shipped lol I truly appreciate all the help

Reactions: Buddy Hand
Badlands precision makes a 190 that’s about $1 each if you’re looking to save a couple bucks
Ok cool but it not really about saving money I really like the flat lines one for the BC’s and two a guy local to me helped in designing them so that’s pretty sweet. What powder are you using for those 190grs

I don’t shoot their 30 cal stuff in anything currently, only their 284 and 375. Their bc is good and they are very consistent. A draw to me beside that was that they make a hunting bullet that closely matches their match bullets. Easier to go back and forth if I want to, like the case of my 284. And George is a pretty good guy and super smart helps also?