• CONTEST: Back to school!

Join the contest below and share a picture of your kid or college student out at the range, cleaning their rifle, or shooting at a target!

Join contest
  • Having trouble using the site?

Post any issues in the thread below or reach out directly to support!

View thread Contact support

.308 reloading component value

Squat

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2018
Tampa Florida
Hey guys just wondering your thoughts on some reloading stuff for a .308. I have no experience selling it so thought I’d ask
1. RCBS comp dies (sent to Warner tools to be tuned, they seat the Flatlines perfectly)
2. 450(probably 490) but would rather underestimate of Sierra TMK 175 bullets
3. 350+ of .308 Lapua brass at least half never fired plus a ton of Remington and Lake City
4. 70 160gr Warner Flatlines
5. 200+ Berger 185 bullets
I would really appreciate any help here.

The brass and bullets should be easy to get prices on new and then ask whatever you think is fair. Your not going to get new price most likely.
Did you buy the dies new ? state the die cost and the tuned price and go from there. Pictures might help. Just my .02

When reselling what I refer to as consumable parts like bullets and brass you can use online prices per round. Like going onto midway or something and looking up that bullet and for 100 it breaks down to say 0.29 a round...there you go..you have your price. The brass is tougher cause they have no assurances ( if it s a complete stranger) it is indeed never fired stuff vs 1x fired. Best to treat the whole lot as 1x fired to placate the hagglers or talk me downs. Again take the online per round cost but for 1x fired drop price maybe 5-10%....its Lapua so I doubt you will have any issues from true enthusiasts honestly. The Die is a different beast. Dies rarely go "bad" and most if not all moderately cared for will last a life time. You should be able to get near full value as long as it is clean, presentable and if Warner provided you documentation on the tuning I would guess you could get near full value for it. Last thing to consider is speed of which you need the funds. If time is not of the essence just take your time and wait for the right offer. I need to look at my stash of 308 brass and bullets, I may PM you with an offer for the brass and SMKs in the next day. Good Luck!

Reactions: Squat
Well I don’t know if this matter but the new Lapua is spotless inside the case. One or two might even be sealed. I’d say you’d be getting close to 400 of once fired brass with most never fired. The TMK I think i may have used 10 but I’ll say 20 either way it’s easy 450 and then the Berger juggernauts. I can email Dan about the does but the ultimate test is with the flatlines as they won’t leave a line like most dies that you load the flatlines with.
The flatlines: I’d like to sell them too and I get people won’t pay a full price on the 1.25$ bullet but I’m thinking “my lose your gain there”
What do you guys think is fair there? 80/90 cents a bullet? Or like 80$ for 70?

Realistic from a fellow enthusiast and someone who understands the community and value I think would not be far from my thoughts on the value. The 1/2 price is what I would think of as a fire sale and quick dumping

Reactions: Squat
That is what I was seeing online. I’m not looking to dump but not looking to screw anyone over either I’d rather you have 40plus more Bullets than you thought vs less or for you to be unhappy. I’ll get a more precise count when I’m closer to selling and pics of the brass if it’s still sealed like I think lol.

I was truly not trying to be a jerk to 918v I just have seen the 1/2 off at fire sales and divorce sales.

If the brass is virgin Lapua you can tell. Tell 'em if you can get it for less than $60 per 100, go there instead. I bought 2000 pieces last year for about $60something per 100. So $60 per 100 on the Lapua brass and I'd guess somewhere around $130ish for the bullets (500 SMKs cost $163 last October). The used Lapua brass, I have no idea what that'd go for.