• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors 308 Subsonic ammo

Re: 308 Subsonic ammo

the lapua 200grn subsonics work nicely, but what twist is youre barrel? also as above corbon makes a sub load, and if they answer the phone EBR-engel ballistic research produces some nice subsonic loads.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m21black</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't waste your time on the 308 if you want to go subsonic with the 30 caliber,,, build a 300 Whisper. </div></div>

Might not be an option since it's a duty rifle and duty work.

I have killed more deer than I can remember with EBR subsonics. They are a little slow, about 900 fps in an 18", but they expand unlike other .308 subsonic rounds. I am referring to the Precision Bonded not the Thumper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m21black</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Don't waste your time on the 308 if you want to go subsonic with the 30 caliber..... </div></div>

+1

It drops 3-4" at 100 yards vs. supersonic ammo.

It'd prolly bounce off Haji if he's wearing a thick sweatshirt.