• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

.338 Lapua Mag Die Sets

Ender20

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2009
E-town, Ky
I need some advice. I have a Dillon 550B press and but Dillon doesn't carry the .338 dies. Sales guy said to check out the Redding dies. There are three different kinds. Any ideas about which one or ones to buy. Very new to reloading and deffently want to do it right for the .338. Thanks for the help.

Re: .338 Lapua Mag Die Sets

It depends if you want to re-size your brass each time. Re-sizing your brass each time will reduce the life of the brass, but will make reloading more reliable.

If you want to re-size each time, use a two die set. If you don't want to re-size each time, then use the 3 die set.

Buy a set with a Type S bushing or type S match bushing neck sizer die. This will allow you to control your neck tension which will make the rounds more consistent.

I would also recommend buying a set with the competition seating die.

The set I would buy is the Redding Compeitition Bushing 3-Die Neck Sizer Set which sells for $310.99 from MidwayUSA.com. It is expensive but at least you will not have something to upgrade too in the future.