• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

338LM dies

esromvre

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2008
Black Hills SD
Looking for better dies for mine the RCBS seem to be ok but its time to do some fine tuning... Any Ideas on the best place to get a good match set of Redding or something else. or any one want to part with a set I prefer a bushing set if at all possible. any thoughts on Forester?

Re: 338LM dies

will have to check out Adam the others are out of stock and its driving me nutz.. have the normal rcbs if I cant find a better set soon I wont loose any sleep on it.. they are still working good.

I believe Adam is out of complete sets of 338 dies. I think he has a seater in stock, though.

I am going to check and see if RCBS offers their competition seater in 338, if they dont, I think I will go with either Forster or Redding.

I just sent in another order to Redding to replenish my 338 dies guys, a week ago I had about 7 sets in stock all versions and we had a run on them I guess!

Thanks everyone for the words, I really appreciate it!!!

Adam

I use a Redding S-type FL sizer with .365" TiN bushing plus Carbide sizing button kit. The seater is a Forster Ultra micrometer seater. The latter one is 50 USD cheaper than Redding Compe seater but of the same quality. I have a Redding Comp seater in 308 and it works well too but in my opinion not any better than the Forster.

Anyway the S-type FL sizer is the one I would not want to trade for anything. Both seaters work just fine.