• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

350 legend barrel

Bigscoop

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2020
Does anyone know about how efficient the new 350 legend is out of an ar barrel? I've been thinking about building an upper with a 12.5" barrel for a pistol and blind hunting in thick brush. Just wanting to know about how much velocity I would lose compared to a 20" barrel and if a pistol length gas would be tricky.

The 350 is a very efficient cartridge. I have Been having a lot of fun with my 350 that I put together. Very accurate. Not my data but it should point you in the right direction.

Attachments

• 0C2D2EED-78F3-4569-B5FF-685C95C6C705.png
    0C2D2EED-78F3-4569-B5FF-685C95C6C705.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 716
If you can make it through the video this guy gives some numbers on all lengths
I posted some data form my 16 inch barreled bolt gun from 3 different rounds on here somewhere. If I can go back and find the link I’ll post it too

I see PSA has an upper coming out in 16 inch. For $329 +/- for the few times I'm shooting hogs at 150 yards or less it should work fine.

The cmmg barrels and uppers are running $599+/-.

I see PSA has an upper coming out in 16 inch. For $329 +/- for the few times I'm shooting hogs at 150 yards or less it should work fine.

The cmmg barrels and uppers are running $599+/-.
Yea, I'm gonna pick up a barreled upper in 5.56 from psa but I think I'm gonna build the 350L to how I want it. But the deals that PSA puts out for what is really a pretty good gun, is hard to pass up

I bought a BCA 350 Legend upper for $237 TMD.

Doesn't like the 145's at all, though might have gotten a bad batch of ammo, not sure because I bought the only two boxes in town. Short cycling.

So far it works fine with the 180gr Winchester hunting ammo, but I only have 15 of those through it, I'll put the other 25 of them through it tomorrow. These do hit a piece of steel hard - relatively.

Got dies, 180gr bullets, and brass, coming next week so....

Take out the o ring and rubber thingy inside the extractor spring. Fixed my short cycling problems immediately.

It was a matter of the rounds being low powered, like if the 145's were made for bolt actions?! I think I explained this in my thread here in the semiauto forum about my 350 Legend.

But I later discovered that the chamber wasn't chambered correctly because there isn't enough case expansion.

I’ve got a 16” BCA upper in .350 Legend, it shot great with Federal 180 gr. My 7 y/o daughter used it to shoot a doe last winter.
I built a second rifle with a 16” Faxon barrel, but haven’t shot that one yet.