.375 Chey Tac Neck Turning ?

PeterPHWS

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2007
U.K.
Just looking for a bit of help here on finding the right equipment. I have tried K&M and Sinclairs and neither do a mandrel for neck turning a .375 neck. Anyone able to help with who does ?

Also, Lee don't do an auto primer shell holder which I would need for locking the case into my drill to spin the necks. The only thing I have is the RCBS 505 Gibbs shell holder for my press. Does anyone know how to utilise this possibly for neck turning? If you use different kit please chime in as to how you do it and where to get it ...

The Lawton dies I have don't take "bushings" but a thin cut on the necks to just uniform size their thickness is all I want to do ... I should be able to manage this without unduly affecting neck tension and would hope a slightly lighter neck tension should improve the extreme spreads.

I am using Jamison brass ( as I expect most are ) and whilst pretty good they do vary a little on the neck.

Also, anyone know if Wilson do a case holder for the Chey Tac round to work with their neck trimmer as again I would like to unify the OAL of the cases. What are others using to do this ?

Finally ... if anyone has a Lawton barrel fitted with a Lawton Mussle Break ... this is definately threaded on and should spin off but mine seems to be on very tight and has me wanting to be careful regarding removing it. I e-mailed Bobby a while bck and he confirmed they should spin off and said he used a wrench ... but where does he get sufficient purchase? Mine is circular?

The best idea I could come up with is to put the barrel in a barrel vice and an allen key through one of the holes and gently try and tap the allen key with a rubber mallet to try and free the MB so I can get the barrel fitted for a moderator/silencer. This seems a bit "brutal" though and was wondering if anyone had come up with a better solution for removing their MB ? Are they fitted and lock-tited on ?

Thanks guys ...

Re: .375 Chey Tac Neck Turning ?

Thanks for the help everyone ... all my questions have been answered. I see Sinclair's do cover my needs ... it was their dealer/stockist over here in the UK who I checked with and they said they did'nt do them ... pleased to see that they do though!