375 Cheytac and NEW stock! *pic heavy*

XLR

boss man
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I just finished my new 375 Cheytac and had to share! Action is a Lawton 8000 single shot with a Lawton barrel and brake. Stock is my own design which is CNC'd from 6061 T6 and features a full floating carbon fiber foregrip and suspended bipod. It uses AR style grips and butt stock but the trigger is moved slightly forward to increase ergonomics. I will have a trimmed down version of this stock available soon for Remington short and long actions. More action options will follow soon. They will be available in a DBM or internal box magazine.

Cheytac001.jpg

Cheytac003.jpg

Cheytac004.jpg

Cheytac006.jpg

Cheytac010.jpg

Re: 375 Cheytac and NEW stock! *pic heavy*

Looks very nice...I agree with M.45 excpet...

...make it adaptable to an AR15 butt stock...which really opens up options...

After a second look, maybe it is already compatible under that tube...?

Nice set-up Rat. Is that a 40 moa base you have under the scope? Pretty significant slope to the scope.

M.45: Thanks for the enthusiasm! I have a cheek rest in the works as we speak. Just finishing up some beautification on it.

Arnygollott: Yes, this stock takes AR15 style stocks

McCrazy: Yes, that is a 40 MOA base!

Dogtown: This featherweight weighs in at 24 pounds as shown. Weight was not my concern with this rifle. It has no magazine channels and minimal trigger openings.

As a side note, the trigger and barrel can be removed on this action without having to remove the action from the stock.

The prototypes for the 700 short weigh in at around 3.25 pounds.

ZUNRJ5: The bipod on this rifle is from Barrett. The mount is very simple and can be added to any of my stocks with no problems. Standard stocks will come with a sling mount.

Hypertex: Definitely will accept 8000 orders!

So isn't the 8500 action the same size as the 8000? What is the tube diameter? I think I am in for a stock.Do you think you can make the tube 2 1/8 diameter?I might be in for a stock.

I have personally handled this stock; and promptly ordered one to replace my A5. The ability to tune and customize the look, feel and function, using commonly available AR parts is appealing. But what really sealed the deal for me was the obvious quality. I'll post a range report as soon as I get mine all set up.

Now about that delivery date Rat...

-Chris

thats the first aluminum stock design that actually looks good to me. some of these other designs look very busy and unecesarily complicated.

This design looks very straight forward and no nonsense. Nicely done, sir.

I will keep my eyes on this

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jong</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That rifle is sweet!!!

Is 24lbs typical for a 375?

Also how much? </div></div>

That sounds heavy to me for what it looks like.. but maybe with the glass and all it adds up. Last weekend this .375 CT in a McCrees without glass weighed in at 18 lbs....

375_1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RATOUTAHELL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This rifle is probably on the heavy side. Weight was not my concern when building it. The barreled action weighs 16 pounds alone. I could trim down the stock about 1.5 pounds and use the harris pod to reduce more weight. </div></div>

16 pounds from the barreled action explains it... I wouldn't trim anything off the stock or bipod.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notyers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So isn't the 8500 action the same size as the 8000? What is the tube diameter? I think I am in for a stock.Do you think you can make the tube 2 1/8 diameter?I might be in for a stock. </div></div>

The 8500 is smaller at 1.45" diam and shorter then the 8000. It weighs in at about 1# less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NineHotel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So it uses the "floating in space" cheek weld it appears. </div></div>

Your reading comprehension skills need a little work!!
wink.gif

No they don't - in its current state that is what it appears to use.

Let us know what you come up with - always looking for a better AR buffer tube cheek piece widget. None on the market I'm charmed with.

Nine hotel here is your answer. It had been answered as you see.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RATOUTAHELL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">M.45: Thanks for the enthusiasm! I have a cheek rest in the works as we speak. Just finishing up some beautification on it.

Arnygollott: Yes, this stock takes AR15 style stocks

McCrazy: Yes, that is a 40 MOA base!

Dogtown: This featherweight weighs in at 24 pounds as shown. Weight was not my concern with this rifle. It has no magazine channels and minimal trigger openings.

As a side note, the trigger and barrel can be removed on this action without having to remove the action from the stock.

The prototypes for the 700 short weigh in at around 3.25 pounds.

ZUNRJ5: The bipod on this rifle is from Barrett. The mount is very simple and can be added to any of my stocks with no problems. Standard stocks will come with a sling mount.

Hypertex: Definitely will accept 8000 orders!
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OH MY GOD. </div></div>

my exact thoughts when I saw it

I got to fondle this today! The workmanship is beyond words. As for thoes asking about weight, I'd say the majority of the weight is in the barrel. Good luck with your future projects Kyle.

Hi we would be interested in a Rem SA and a Lawton 8500 inleted for seekins mag systems.
Also will your but system come with it so only an AR grip is required?

Could you do this?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Koganinja</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great you can probably shave a few more ounces off the stock above the trigger guard back.

I like the design I have been wanting to make a stock like that for quite some time.

kn </div></div>

Kogan,

I was just holding this thing thinking, "I wonder if he could make it heavier, so my gun wont kick so hard." I didn't weigh it, but I would guess it's comparable to my A5 (for my 700 short action). It's funny how we all look at the same thing and have different thoughts!
smile.gif

-Chris

Thanks for the comments.

The stock pictured is actually considerably heavier than an A5. As I stated earlier, with the 8000 action, weight was not my priority. The 700 and Lawton 8500 stocks will be more focused on weight. I am unsure of the final weight for the 8500 but the 700 SA will come in right at 3 1/2 pounds.

-Kyle