375 Mercenary

I was told that the 375 Mercenary used Bertram brass and that it wasn't as consistent brass. Rob Vestal is building my 375 BAS right now and I will use Peterson Cheytec brass to fireform with.

I have just picked up a 375 cheytac from Robert . Haven’t gotten a chance to shoot yet due to the weather but I have heard nothing but good things about him and his shop when it comes to these elr rifles.

THEIS
Why not just go with the Mach V or 375/50 bmg?
It pushes a 350 Sierra at 3350-3500 FPS using 185-200 grains of RE50.
I just received my neck turning parts and will now be using 1990 TZZ brass and trying some wc872 powder with factory original primers.
Once the fireform brass is good to go I will switch to RWS primers and run it at a match.

Hi,

Like this one lol, but better get better MV than those numbers since Klaus was getting way higher with his 330gr solids.
Figure with today's solids and better understanding of rifling profiles the MV is going to be great.
Barrels are meant to be replaced like tires on drag car right...lol

20180703_130854.jpg

20180325_145545.jpg

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Geno C.
Hi,

Yes, I had Schneider do up a few barrels with 7 twist, polygonal rifling for this testing.
All made from his BMG alloy stock which is a little harder than the smaller caliber barrels.
All will finish right at the 30" mark..for a couple reasons lol:
1. I want to compare MVs with this cartridge with other 375 cartridges but do so with same barrel lengths so to better compare apples to apples.
2. He had the stock already for that length so I did not have to wait.
3. I wanted to compare any MV differences between the 7P compared to the more traditional twist rates/rifling profiles in same length barrels.

Sincerely,
Theis

Reactions: Lynn Jr
Hi,

Checking to see if anyone has a 375 Mercenary up and running.
If so how is the brass holding up and what ballistics are you getting out of the cartridge?

Sincerely,
Theis
There is about 12 375 mercenary build out there USA and Canada . its a awesome cartridge. The head stamped brass made is junk. The brass we formed from the Original parent works great with no issues. and it out preforms all 375 cartridges on the market. soon we will have 3 new 375 cartridges that will out preform the Mercenary stay tuned.

Reactions: THEIS
Brass was the weak link in load development, sd's, velocity and accuracy goals were reached but brass didn't hold up, first part of 2019 I'll have a small batch of new brass to test, If it holds up then I'll make it available to the public and all load data, reamer prints will be released as well

velocities shown in pics were with H50BMG in a 32.5" Rock Creek 8R 7.5 tw barrel

Attachments

• 1-402 gr MTAC.JPG
    1-402 gr MTAC.JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 2-377 gr MTAC.JPG
    2-377 gr MTAC.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 129
  • 3-352 gr MTAC.JPG
    3-352 gr MTAC.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 122
Reactions: jasent
Thats a pretty bold statement Mark, I would say it will run with the 375s and better then some of them. This year I ran the 400 gr. Flat Line at a easy on the brass 3361 fps for shooting in the heat otherwise 3400 was easy to run with low ES with my 375 if I wanted. Having to crank 15 rounds down the barrel in 9 minutes or less during competition was a little ruff on the throat but for general shooting and targets it was fine. 375 Warner

Its always good to see the progress in Swamps hard efforts and work .

Cheers
Oneshot.onehit
JH

What brand of brass are you using on your 375 Warner? And which powder are you using if that's not a secret?
I was using Barrett headstamped 50 BMG brass in my Mach V and 200 grains of RE50 will push a 350 Sierra right at 3500 with a 37 inch barrel. That brass seemed soft so I got some pull down TZZ 90 brass which was the gold standard before RWS and Lapua took over.

Lynn

I don’t want to change the direction of this discussion to much, Swamplord is doing some cool stuff here . But to answer your question. The Warner 375 was RWS brass and I ran H50BMG as well as US869 powder I had less throat erosion with the same speeds with the US869. RWS primers as well. This was out of a 35” 8 twist.

If the picture comes up it is the second from the left next to a 50 cal
F63845CF-6FC5-47D4-B3DD-FE6DDCA72E31.jpeg