375CT Zero Distance?

Andielouroo

Private Pyle
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2017
Nevada
I have a DT HTI that I’m taking out to sight in tomorrow morning and shoot for the first time. The HTI has a flat top rail, so I mounted the NF 7-35 in a Spuhr 4804 with 6 mils of elevation. I’m planning to shoot this from 1000 to as far as I can find. Just wondering if I should sight in at a distance other than 100.

Last edited:
To get the most out of your elevation turret on the 7-35 requires a 15-16 mil mount. I used the ERA-TAC adjustable cant mount to achieve that. Then, with a 100 yard zero you'll have enough elevation to get you out to 2640+ without any holdover on the reticle. Anything beyond that will require using the reticle or going to a Charlie Tarac unit. I think I still have a pic of my old rig I'll try to post.
Screenshot_20190606-052718~2.png

Can anyone give me an idea of what kind of drop (in Mils) i'm looking at out to say 3000 yards from a 100 yard zero? I've been searching around without much luck.

The other problem I'm going to have is that the 6 mil mount I have mounted currently maxes out the cheek rest height on the HTI. If I went to an Ivey mount I wouldn't even be close on cheek weld. I guess that's why the Charlie Tarac unit is potentially a better solution, but at $1200, it ain't cheap.

I recently received my 375 BAS (Cheytec improved) with a 50moa rail mounted. Also have the 7-35x56 mil-xt and a 20 moa on order. It should give me a 100 yard zero with a slight hold under in the reticle. I figure that will get me out a ways while saving up for the Charlie Tarac.

Can anyone give me an idea of what kind of drop (in Mils) i'm looking at out to say 3000 yards from a 100 yard zero? I've been searching around without much luck.

The other problem I'm going to have is that the 6 mil mount I have mounted currently maxes out the cheek rest height on the HTI. If I went to an Ivey mount I wouldn't even be close on cheek weld. I guess that's why the Charlie Tarac unit is potentially a better solution, but at $1200, it ain't cheap.

Ive got your exact setup, except for the Spuhr mount. Im running an ivey mount with a 7-35 Atacr. I have no problem with the cheek rest on the HTI. In fact I dont have mine adjusted up at all.

I figured that id start with the ivey for 700. If it didnt work out well id go to the Charlie. So far so good. But I also havent shot it past 1600yds.

Xdeano