• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

40x bipod options

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Southern Indiana
www.8541tactical.com
I have a 40X HB on the way. I know this thing has a rail on the bottom, so what do I need to be able to mount a Harris bipod without drilling another hole in the stock?

I have a spare BRM-S on my MkII so I would like to swap this on as soon as the rifle arrives. My plan is to have everything sitting here, so when the rifle arrives I can clean it, install the scope and head to the range.

Re: 40x bipod options

I believe the rail they have is a target handstop type rail and not a 1913 rail. I believe Harris makes a adapter for the target rails but I'll have to double check. If nothing else I would think you could add a sling stud to the wood stock relatively easily.

ETA: Looks like you probably need a HB6A adapter.
http://www.harrisbipods.com/HB6A.html

Thanks for the offer deadly, but yes, it's a handstop rail not a pic rail. I just don't know anything abotu the target type rails so I don't know if there is a "standard" or if it's an individual manufacturer thing.

I don't want to do any drilling on the stock unless it's FUBAR just in case there is any value to it.

Kasey also has the rails for it for an ATLAS bipod
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PadronAniversary</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kasey also has the rails for it for an ATLAS bipod
smile.gif
</div></div>

That's all well and good, but I already have a BRM-S and I don't really see a need to put an Atlas on the trainer when I don't have one yet for the 700 or the AR10.

Hence the reason for asking how to attach the Harris to the 40x.

I just thumbed through the Sinclair catalog. I think I will probably go with one of their delux adapters if I stay with the wood stock.

Harris makes all forms of adapters
If it is the older short rail you can just mod one up.
I think I used one for a AR tube - just had to file it
to a snug fit inside the rail.

Harris makes a slide in adapter. Tightens with a set screw, it works very well. I have one on a 40X and Baker stock.

Buy it slide it on, tighten it and forget it.

Good luck

Jerry