• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

40x mag question

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Supporter
For those of us waiting for a mag conversion. I have a question.

I put my barreled receiver into an AICs today and saw th the bottom of my 40x receiver is closed solid. The receiver would have to be machined to open it up on the bottom to allow a mag system to work. I dont know what I was thinking, but it is going to be a hell of alot more then just a mag that has feeding ramps built in. Are all 40x .22lr receivers like this?

Re: 40x mag question

Well, 99% are, there is a repeater, but for the cost, they are made of unobtainium. Pdog, what are you doing for the mags with your thoughts? Lots are speaking, none are doing.
Chad

There is a 40X repeater. It was a sporter available from the custom shop like all the 40x 22. Every full moon when the stars are in alignment you will see one come up for sale.

They have a small hunting tube and cost around $4500.

Have a shooting buddy who passed on one 10 or so years ago for $800 because nobody was using the 40x at the time except benchrest shooters.

I tend to see more 40x rifles on benchrest.com or rimfirecentral

Yes, the 25X will have a repeater. I think the single shot comes first. A few are already made. Production was going to be in October last I heard, but the deadline has slipped a number of times. I thought it was going to be $700, but it looks more like a little over $800. Maybe there will be a Stiller GB where we could get them for cheaper...