• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

45 degree mount for Doc optic Q?

Shamus

Private
Minuteman
Jul 6, 2011
Fort Bragg, NC
Alright, I was looking at some 3 gun setups and saw a mount that kicks a reflex sight off at 45 degrees, so its run in tandem with another optic. the idea being that you rotate the weapon and are able to use a reflex red dot to engage closer targets.

As it is, I am a SDM in a line unit. I run an m14EBR with a Leupold M3A (10x42). I like the idea of having one, but I'm not sure of the practicality. Has anybody run a doc optic on an m14 or SASS or have any better ideas? Or should I just deal with it?
Thanks

Re: 45 degree mount for Doc optic Q?

Pretty much all the open class 3 gun shooters have a 45 degree red dot mount. But those are 5.56mm not the 7.62. If the optic is rated for 7.62 give it a try.

I use Matt Burkett's offset mount with a MRD on a POF P308. It works well, aligns over the barrel, and is quick for close ups. The Gen2 version of his mount has a long cross bolt that goes in the rail slot and keeps it in place better than the original. Not cheap, but it works.

Burkett Offset Mount

i have also run the burkett mount on a 5.56. thinking about getting another to run on my .308 bolt gun for tactical matches. i use a fastfire-II which are frequently mounted on auto pistol slides so i figure they are durable.

TNVC has mounts that go on the scope, as well I am using the GDI Mounts which also add a RMR mount next to the day optic.

Here is the old GEN 1 version of the mount, but you get the picture:

PROMGEN1.jpg

The 1 minute video I did for them shows the production mount with the RMR on a LMT MWS

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kZIlWek4ej0?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>