• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes 45 moa base on S&B

godofwar

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2008
Italy
Hy guys,

Yesterday I bought a S&b 5-25x56, great scope.
Now I'm looking for a 45 moa base for my TRG 42
Where I can Find it and wich?
I live in Italy...sob...
Thanks in advance.

A.

Re: 45 moa base on S&B

Alex at europtic.com has a very nice one piece mount from AI. It has 45 moa and is specifically for the S&B. I installed both of these last week that I obtained from him.
He is located in the U.S.
Gary

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: spotswood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alex at europtic.com has a very nice one piece mount from AI. It has 45 moa and is specifically for the S&B. I installed both of these last week that I obtained from him.
He is located in the U.S.
Gary </div></div>

I spoke with Alex two days ago... only badger 35 moa cant.
Thanks
I own a custom rings, I love it and I do not want to change them
DSC_0035.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Richard Near has a 45 MOA base for TRG </div></div>

Where I can find Richard Near?
Thanks

Does the 4-16 S&B need the same 45 moa mount to be in the middle of it's adjustment range like the 5-25 does?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: godofwar</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: abersfelderami</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Richard Near has a 45 MOA base for TRG </div></div>

Where I can find Richard Near?
Thanks </div></div>

Here is his website

http://www.nearmfg.com/

Best to phone him and discuss your specific needs. His alpha mount ( 3 ring for 34mm ) is much nicer than the AI. He can build you the Alpha Mount with the 45MOA if you already have a O picatinny base for your TRG, or he can sell you a canted base for your TRG. He is extremely helpfull on the phone. He is in GMT-7 time zone

While you are at it, you should check out the Near brake . I have both the OEM and the NEAR. I much prefer the NEAR ( one on the LHS )

ebdd4d52.jpg

Hi godofwar. I also recently purchased the S&B 5-25 and I needed a mount for my AI and wanted the 28 MOA single piece mount. Since you have the scope already you can see that the center where the erector in the center (I'm not sure if that's what it is called: where the windage and elevation knobs are) is HUGE! Just take that measurement into consideration when you look for your mount. So you don't make the mistake I did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ToddM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the 4-16 S&B need the same 45 moa mount to be in the middle of it's adjustment range like the 5-25 does? </div></div>
20-25 MOA