5.11 tactical watch

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
I am used to wearing high end timepiece, and I usually have no use for a digital watch. but I am new to shooting out to a thousand yards.... Just wondering if anyone uses one of these watches and if they work. It intrest me.

Re: 5.11 tactical watch

There's another thread on this recently but I can't locate it quickly.

Here's what I saw in it:

Useful timepiece
Cheap plastic face scratches easily (reported)
Several decent features
$60 price point is very good, normal $240+ is overpriced IMO.
Battery replacement is kinda expensive, $40 plus a couple weeks to round trip it.

The compass feature smokes batteries

I ordered one and here is my impression after having it for a week:

Ballistic computer is reasonably close, for a highly compact and mutli-featured tool it is good. It comes within 1MOA of my "shoot DOPE" and JBM matches my "Shoot DOPE" within <1/4MOA, no matter what I do I can't get the HORUS engine to get that close without inputs that are clearly fudged to match 1 location and they push off everything else.

I'm satisfied with the watch for $67.95 (shipping was $7.95) and I will continue to use/wear it. I would be pretty disappointed if I had paid the full sticker price on it.

It is NOT a necessity to shoot 1k+, you can do better with other applications IMO and at the end of the day you really need to get out there and shoot that kind of distance.

Just wanted to reopen this important thread. When I shoot over 1000 yards, I normally Find that the 5.11 tactical watch doesn't really have what it takes to get the job done

Flave.jpg