• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

5r Show n Tell

loucksc3

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2010
Pa
seeing how the 5r has become the new craze ill share mine, this is my most recent project, i just got it back from the smith today, finally got around and installed my FTE brake, only too the smith 3 days to do it so im stoked, all the other people i talked to were backed up for months! the only thing else left i plan on doing is getting the action and pillars bedded hopefully by next month, ill post some groups from before the bed job and after.
photo-22.jpg

photo-21.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-1.jpg

specs.
Rem 700 5r 300 win mag
Mcmillan A5 70% tan 20% brown 10% black
Jewel Trigger
PTG One Piece Bolt
Harris Pod
Badger M5
Badger FTE
Badger Bolt Handle
Badger 20 Moa Base
Badger rings
Nightfore NXS 8-32x56 HiSpeed Zerostop

anyone feel free to post your 5r and group sizes

Re: 5r Show n Tell

Cameron- I'm curious to hear your impressions of the 5R after hanging that FTE brake on there. I did the same thing to my gun and it was much more accurate with it on there. My gunsmith thought that the harmonics may have improved a bit with the weight of the brake on there. I'll post pictures and groups at some point.

Re: 5r Show n Tell

Never been a fan of the stainless or polished look on a rifle, just does not seem natural to me but....WOW....shir, you have a sharp looking rifle there. I mean, I want to be on that thing...anyone see what I did there...anchorman...no? Aww nevermind the funny, but it is a sharp looking rifle.

Post some range pics.