• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

6.5CM build help

BirdHunter91

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2018
Good day everyone,
I've been looking all around on this and other forums gathering info for my 6.5CM build. I'm in pretty deep of my precision rifle build. I'm not skimping on any parts for this rifle and have zero issue spending money, that's where I need some help. I'm left with needing a solid, amazing trigger! Build so far consists of...
-F1 matched upper and lower with matching handgaurd.
-JP Silent capture spring
-JP HP bolt and carrier
-SLR adjustable gas block
-SLR raptor charging handle
-Proof Reseach 24" Carbon barrel
-Surfire socom muzzle brake
-Carbine length buffer tube
-still not sure if I like the houge grip just yet.
-Atlas V8 bipod
-Magpul PRS gen3
-Spurh 20moa mount
-Kahles K525i
- Using some Larue 7.62 mags

As you can see I'm missing a trigger... what would you suggest? This will be a distance shooting rig and that's all. Maybe give some PRS shooting a go.

Thank you for your suggestions.

They make the best AR triggers bar none. I have had the enhanced, sdc, and 3gun. While I do still like the 3dg, having a wall....even tho short is needed when firing an AR. Given that your making it a Dmr type gun. I would choose the enhanced/dmr options. I run sdc flats and I would not hesitate to use them as a dmr trigger either. They are that good.

I want to try an Elftmann. Trigger Tech Diamond is worth looking in to.

The hot trigger of a few years ago was the SR Gold. I have one in my first 6.5 Creedmoor and it is nice but not spectacular.

I like drop in triggers as opposed to the type you have to assemble.

Reactions: LG65CM
I keep going back and forth between build and buy. You’ve got most of the same components that I would want to buy if I were to put one together. Keep us posted on how the build turns out.

I keep going back and forth between build and buy. You’ve got most of the same components that I would want to buy if I were to put one together. Keep us posted on how the build turns out.
This is my first go, figured I couldn't get an off the shelf rifle with everything I wanted so that left me to build her. I have really high Hope's for this rifle.

Geissele SD-E or National Match

^^^^^ This - I just put a National Match DMR trigger in my build. I think the current versions of that trigger come with multiple spring sets. I purchased my trigger a while ago and just moved it to my 6.5 build which I posted today. Post some pictures when you get it all put together.

Sounds like Geissele is the route to take for sure. So today, I was offered a Timney Targa 2 stage for free. I feel its something to consider... I've used Timney triggers in my bolt guns and use nothing but Timneys in my line of work building rifles. How are their AR triggers? would it work for my CM?

Looking over your parts list which is arguably some the best of everything (congrats it will be a nice build!) the trigger that is probably the most consistent with quality accross the rest of your build is the Geissele National Match DMR.

Another thing if it's not too late switching up to a rifle length buffer tube will lower felt recoil.

Looking over your parts list which is arguably some the best of everything (congrats it will be a nice build!) the trigger that is probably the most consistent with quality accross the rest of your build is the Geissele National Match DMR.

Another thing if it's not too late switching up to a rifle length buffer tube will lower felt recoil.
Thank you! I really hope that it lives up to my expectations! I already have the buffer. I've been thinking about switching to a rifle length tube but figured I'd give the carbine length a try. Thats the trigger I just put into my "cart". She may be up ready to tune with ammo this weekend! Although Bird hunting season is right around the corner for me so the Kahles is put on hold till after season... I'll have to dust off the VX6 or get a NF from work to play with!

Reactions: roamin
Well she's mostly put together. Went with the High speed National Match trigger, just waiting for it to show up. In the meantime, I have a free Timney Targa 2 stage showing up today so I'll give that ago while I get the gun all adjusted and running smooth. Kahles K525i will be a couple months out still. Really looking forward to seeing what she can do!

Thanks for all your input!

Attachments

• 20180928_122522.jpg
    20180928_122522.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 39
Well after today's journey of putting her all together, it seems that the JP silent capture is the ar15 version and would explain the bolt catch issues I was having. New AR10 JP silent capture spring and also rifle length buffer tube has been ordered! Hopefully the JP SCS has the correct one in the box!

I slapped the Timney into the rifle and it didn't feel bad, should have the geissele high speed next week as well. Hopefully this is the ONLY mishap.

Depends... try as many as you can from friends and such.

My 6.5 Creedmoor has had standard, CMC 2&2, Armalite, RRA, KAC Match, SSA-E, SD-E, Triggertech, MBT-2S, AR Gold. It has the AR Gold in it and won't be changed. My 6mm Creedmoor has had a similar list, but I also tried an Elftmann Natch trigger which I've kept in it. My Grendel had a similar list, the Triggertech has stayed in it.
I would standardize on any of them, but if I had to choose an order the AR Gold and Elftmann would be right with each other. The AR Gold has more takeup. The Geisselle's were nice and consistent. Only reason I didn't keep them was I already had what worked better for me.

All the others are long gone for the simple reason I didn't care for them at all.

Took the rifle out today to tune the gas block and function check it. Shooting 140gr Nosler RDF's I had no problems. Did a quick sight in and was able to get just over .5" five shot group! Failed to have my phone on me. I am extremely happy with the rifle, now to get the Geissele NM trigger in this week and head to the range with the photo taking device. Can't wait for new glass to replace the VX6

Attachments

• 20181003_163446.jpg
    20181003_163446.jpg
    343 KB · Views: 30