• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

6.5x55mm Swede in a factory bolt rifle?

Re: 6.5x55mm Swede in a factory bolt rifle?

Sauer also. A good friend of mine uses his 6.5 Swede made by Sauer for deer season. Its a very nice platform for white tail.

CZ

pic000.jpg

I have a Sako 75--prolly can still find one NIB--it is great, they still produce the 85 Platform in 6.5x55 and as others stated CZ does. You can also get a Tikka, but I would spend the extra and step up to the 85 IIWM

There are a lot of new CZs out there. They make a good standard hunting rifle. If you want used, look Sako, Tikka, and CZ. Collectors have inflated the pricing of Winchesters.

I snagged a Remington 700 KS in 6.5x55mm as my hunting rifle.

If you get really lucky you can find a Kimber, think it is the original Kimber, not the one now.

Seems years ago, they bought up a bunch of CG m96s shortened the barrels, drilled and tapped the receivers and mounted teh whole deal into a hogue stock, instant, accurate, reliable hunting rifle.

I think you might also find Thompson barrels for it and might find H&R handy rifles but don't know for sure.