6 Dasher Bushing size

Southern Custom

Master Engraver
Minuteman
Supporter
    Building my first 6 dasher. I’ve been off the loading bench for 4 years and I’m out of the loop.
    Does anyone have any bushing size recommendations.
    My plan is to use Peterson Brass, (Lapua is not out of the question either though) and since I have 1000 108 Berger hybrid target lying around, and at least that many 108 ELDMs I wonder if anyone has a good starting point or range so I get get loading and shooting a bit quicker.
    Using a Proof 6Dasher Stainless Prefit
    Peterson or Lapua Brass
    108 Berger or 108 ELDMs.
    Any advice as to a good starting point and decent loads would be greatly appreciated.
    I’m impatient obviously and I’m trying to get some stuff ordered before action and barrel arrive.
    Thanks in advance!
    Layne Z.

I’m using a 266 bushing with newer lot alpha dasher brass. It pins to 241 after a .2415 mandrel. Older lot I have uses the 265 bushing for the same interference fit. Using a 109 Berger, my pet load is 31.7 grn of varget at 2850 at .035 off the lands.. Running the same barrel that you are, also. Just be careful because I was seeing pressure signs(heavy bolt lift) at 32.2 grains. It honestly was shooting 1/4 moa at 100 yds with lots of different combinations. Just had the best sd/es with that pet load.

Reactions: patriotnation
    Thanks ya’ll. Gives me a good starting point. And I stopped pushing charge weight to chase speed long ago. I find something in the middle that shoots, and dial what my dope tells me. Barrels last longer and 100fps just doesn’t mean much under a thousand yards anyway, which is as far as we can reach in south Louisiana.

Reactions: Whytry85