• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Rifle Scopes 6061 aluminum rings?

7075 is stronger

You're not going to notice the difference between 6061 and 7075 aluminum with a quality set of rings. While technically 7075 is a stronger material, in so far as mounting an optic, it's unlikely that that you'll reach either one's threshold.

I don't know anything about Hawkins' products so I can't vouch for their stuff. I have used multiple rings and mounts from Vortex, Burris, American Defense, Badger Ordnance, and Nightforce that were made from both materials and had zero issues

Reactions: JFR
Th
You're not going to notice the difference between 6061 and 7075 aluminum with a quality set of rings. While technically 7075 is a stronger material, in so far as mounting an optic, it's unlikely that that you'll reach either one's threshold.

I don't know anything about Hawkins' products so I can't vouch for their stuff. I have used multiple rings and mounts from Vortex, Burris, American Defense, Badger Ordnance, and Nightforce that were made from both materials and had zero issues
Thanks, picked up a set and read that 7075 are stronger. Everything I've read that Hawkins are great rings. Will pick up a rail and use them.