6xc at 1 mile

Dski48

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2019
Oshkosh, NE
Here in SC at the range I shoot at they have a 1 mile shoot once a month. I'd like to try it out but I'm curious how the 115 dtac or 112 Barnes match burners does going transonic. My current load drops subsonic before a mile. Both loads shoot sub moa so excluding my shooting are either of those bullets capable of making repeatable, accurate shots at 1 mile?

Sorry the rifle is a ARC Nucleus action, 26" stainless select shilen barrel with a 1:7.5 twist, trigger tech special set at 1ish pounds, MPA Hybrid chassis, Burris XTR 2 3-15 mil and it's in a Warne skyline mount

I've shot the dtac's to 1000 yards with very good results. I don't usually measure group sizes but when shooting a 10" plate at 1k the rounds all hit on roughly half the plate. So in my estimation they are between 1/2 and 3/4 moa

I’ve heard of guys transitioning with the dtacs but nothing of the Barnes. I’d try both and report back

Like I said before though seeing the impact of these little pills is tough past 1500.

I’m typically in the 4000-7000da range here in Colorado but the couple times I’ve shot to 1580 with my 6xc and dtac’s accuracy was awesome. I was using an AIAX with a 1-7.5”, 23” barrel running the dtacs fairly slow @ 2935

I would say go give it a shot!!

I’m typically in the 4000-7000da range here in Colorado but the couple times I’ve shot to 1580 with my 6xc and dtac’s accuracy was awesome. I was using an AIAX with a 1-7.5”, 23” barrel running the dtacs fairly slow @ 2935

I would say go give it a shot!!
You're running 2935 with a 23", with my 26" I'm only at 3000. I run in the lower node usually. That was with rl17 though and it was a temp sensitive load so I'm going to start load work up with h4350 and pray I can find it often enough to keep my rifle fed lol