• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

6xc vs 6mm Creedmoore

Grog11

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2018
Anthem, Arizona
Ok, I know, I know..... however, it’s Father’s Day and everybody loves new threads. I’m looking to move from 308 to 6mm this next year in PRS style matches, and I’m hoping to get some some input. Ive read threads until my eyeballs are bleeding and I’ve narrowed it down to the XC and Creedmoor. Preferably I’d love to take what’s going to be a little easier on the wallet down the road, meaning longer barrel life and hopefully a little less powder per cartridge, more reloads per case. I realize I’m detailing a question akin to: “what is the perfect load with zero trade-offs.”

Sub questions: experience with the Norma brass vs. stuff for the creedmoor? Anyone suggest chambering in 6XC ll vs standard 6XC? Ease of reloading comparatively between each? Reloading Die recommendations?

Also, I’m out West here so the matches do involve a lot of long distance (out to1,400 yds or so).

Norma brass versus lapua. eh toss up. what primer size do you want?
I know guys getting 25+ easy with norma 6xc brass. 2500-3000 rounds barrel life. (i shoot with XTC guys)
6XC CIP reamer
i like the whidden dies i got. guys i know use these or the Tubb dies.

just did load development in my 6XC. 10 round chrono ladder style. H4350. 105 Hybrid. found a nice node low at 2990. other node around 39.7/39.9gr 3090fps
38.5gr 2988, 2987
38.7gr 2988, 2991

Norma brass versus lapua. eh toss up. what primer size do you want?
I know guys getting 25+ easy with norma 6xc brass. 2500-3000 rounds barrel life. (i shoot with XTC guys)
6XC CIP reamer
i like the whidden dies i got. guys i know use these or the Tubb dies.

just did load development in my 6XC. 10 round chrono ladder style. H4350. 105 Hybrid. found a nice node low at 2990. other node around 39.7/39.9gr 3090fps
38.5gr 2988, 2987
38.7gr 2988, 2991

Thanks for the response! I think I’m still wanting the large primers. Have you run the SMK 110’s? I’m definitely liking the lower powder numbers you’re posting (I’m running 47 grains of Varget per shot right now). Definitely a TON of people using the H4350, do you use any other powders?

Thanks for the response! I think I’m still wanting the large primers. Have you run the SMK 110’s? I’m definitely liking the lower powder numbers you’re posting (I’m running 47 grains of Varget per shot right now). Definitely a TON of people using the H4350, do you use any other powders?
Literally got the barreled action yesterday and worked up the load today. most of my knowledge is the the guys i shoot with
i have a boatload of prime ammo in 6.5 creed so sticking with large works for me. the brass is more than capable.

I have not run the 110s. i have a 7.25 twist i'm going to try them in but they need a very fast twist, faster than anything else (sierra says 7 twist or faster). they seem to be very finicky

rl16/17. speed. accuracy hit or miss. H1000 as well