• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

7mm Rem Mag & 175gr SMK

Re: 7mm Rem Mag & 175gr SMK

I wouldn't shoot 175SMK's into Felines and noone hates Cats more than I.

The 162A-Max rates building a rifle around and the 175SMK,makes .308" 155Scenars start looking good.(grin)

Not sure what the problem is with the 175 SMK. They shoot extremely well out of my 7mm mag. Probably won't be a great bullet out of a slower twist barrel...but with the proper twist they are an excellent choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL okay, so consensus is the rate of twist is fine, but stay away from the 175 SMK...got it... </div></div>
The only reason I'd tell you to stay away from the 175s is so there would be one less person trying to buy them. They are a good bullet as long as you get them up to a good velocity.

The 175SMK is a shit BC given it's mass and of dismal terminal affects in extrapolation.

Humored that such things horn you gals up and that your "experience" compells you to brag them up.

Funny stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL okay, so consensus is the rate of twist is fine, but stay away from the 175 SMK...got it... </div></div>

I don't think you should take one guy as a consensus.