7mm rem mag build

Re: 7mm rem mag build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt!!!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">9 twist is plenty fast with magnum velocities you don't neeed them as fast </div></div>
Dang, I was going to say 1:8 twist and it's better to be safe than sorry, but I have never shot the 7mm 180's. Good luck either way.

Yeah I just recently started reloading so I will be doing testing to get the right mixture that works best. I don't want to shoot anything less than 165 grain. I contacted Hart and they suggested I should do 1/8 because of the option to shoot heavier bullets with no problems.

Select the bullet you wish to shoot. Go to the Mfg's website, the recommended twist is usually there.
If in doubt, twist a smidge faster than recommended. I use 9 on 180 and 189Gr 7MM's, but very high MV's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sparky50</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Select the bullet you wish to shoot. Go to the Mfg's website, the recommended twist is usually there.
If in doubt, twist a smidge faster than recommended. I use 9 on 180 and 189Gr 7MM's, but very high MV's. </div></div>

I just bought the 1 in 8.5 in case the new 195berger comes out.