A day out with the Kreiger barrelled M14's!

TonyBen

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
I'm still working on finishing my LRB M25 scout rifle with a 18.5" medium weight Kreiger SS barrel, but I wanted to test the action and get a baseline for this rifle. I threw it in a GI wood stock and took it out to the range.

It gave a fantastic initial performance! I only shot 10 rounds to get the scope zeroed and finished off with 5 rounds of Federal 175 grain gold medal match. End result was a 0.93" group at 100 yards with my Vortex Razor HD Gen II 1-6x scope!
PqYuYrc.jpg

zAkx0VC.jpg

OsCdWcS.jpg

The next up was a rifle that Wes Howe sent me to sell. I have an identical rifle with a different barrel and I told him whichever shoots better is the one I'm keeping. Well, his shot much better than mine! I built this rifle for him a few years ago and it hasn't been shot since the day I test fired it. It did not disappoint and produces a 3/4" group with a Leupold MK 5 1-4.5x service rifle scope. This one has a Kreiger 22" medium stainless barrel.
CaFC7s6.jpg

vgF2wUo.jpg

This will be my CMP "Modern Military" rifle.

I'm looking forward to getting my kevlar stock painted and bedded to the scout to see what else it can do. It's already shooting lights-out with an un-bedded GI stock.

Tony.

Looks like it’s going to be a real shooter for sure. Just purchased my first M1 a an early Springfield national match that was never fired. Just starting to play with it beautiful rifle.

Took the rifles out to the 200 and 600 yard lines today and the EBR killed it! 100-9X on a SR target.

7I8hsvbl.png

V1b6axXl.jpg

Dialed in my scout as well at 200 and it shot very well too!
dMkXxxUl.png

Here's the 200 yard target with all the sighters and scores for both rifles...
NpiCNlgl.jpg

Also took the scout out to 600 and got some initial scope data. Looks like it was 16 MOA from 200 to 600. Was shooting factory 175 grain FGMM.
jOW1XeZh.png

XymO3COh.jpg

The scoring was actually better than what was on the screen. I didn't notice until I got back home that the target was an iron sight target, but the system listed it as F-class which has smaller scoring rings.

HTimWLkl.jpg

I matched up the scores from the software with the holes in the target and my scout held 11" at 600 yards with 7 rounds for about 1.75 MOA.

I didn't shoot the EBR at 600. The rest of the shots on the 600 target were from my vintage sniper rifle.

Tony.