Accu-tac bipod Question?

I picked up a SR-5 G2 from a prize table a few weeks ago, and used it in my club match last weekend. It is an extremely well made bipod, and is comparable in quality with the Atlas PSR that I have been using for four years now. The model I have is tall, but I have it mounted on an AX where it sits closer to the barrel. I find I do not have to extend the legs as I do with the Atlas. I also prefer the cant and lock feature over the knob of the PSR. It is very quick and easy to operate, and is easy to put load into it as well.

They offer soooo many bipods in their product line, I see where it can be confusing getting exactly what you need.

If you don't shoot PRS what are the drawbacks to the wide stance model, the FC model? It would be comparable to the Atlas 5H.

I have an FC-G2 kicking around that i use for the big boomers. It's very stable and the pan/tilt seems to have more positive lockup than the Atlas' I have, plus it tucks the gun down a little lower between the legs. Granted I've only ever just played with the 5H and haven't shot one, but the FC definitely locks up better than the big Super Cal i have. There are a couple problems that led me to the Super Cal though, first is that the FC doesn't extend that much. My mile plate is at a 4deg look up and i have to have the bipod fully extended and the recoil pad is pretty much on the ground to make the shot. Second, which is the biggest since I hunt with the gun below, is that it doesn't really fold up and get any smaller. With the legs deployed its about the smallest package you can get, when you stow the legs its just as long but now its 4" thick.

338BR.jpg

Accu-Tac are very well made and solid. I have a HD-50 on my 375 CT and like it better the LRA bipod I use on my .338LM . I am going to get a WB-4 for my lighter rifles. I have 2 Atlas but have moved them to my AR10/15. I do have a couple of Harris but the haven't been on anything in awhile.
78401611_10214425391139137_4894578282806116352_n.jpg

Last edited:
Correct, only difference between FC4 and FC5 is the height. FC4 goes to 8.5” @ 90deg and the 5 goes to about 11” IIRC.

As others have said, Accu-Tac makes great bipods. Buy with confidence.

Reactions: JM4590