• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Training Courses Accuracy 1st civilian training?

maverickasu

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2018
So looking at the Long Range 2 course (https://www.accuracy1st.com/training/courses.cfm)

Anybody here taken it? Thoughts? Yay/Nay? I live in DFW so either of their locations is doable for me. I think I am at the point where I need some more formal training before I really develop terrible habits.

Also if you vote Nay on Accuracy 1st who would you suggest going to...

thanks guys

rifles only or mile high detachment traing. Look no further than those two.

Rifles only is a possibility... though their classes don't seem to fit what i'm looking for currently as much

Mile high is out... can't pull off the Colorado trip...

Still would like to know if anyone has worked with these guys. i know they do quite a bit of mil/LEO training as well, just trying to see what the vibe is

check out K and M in TN.
havnt made it down there yet, but the facility is 1st class.
prob the best on the east coast
tons of good writeups

Lol well you can do a search on here of hodnett. Just ask Frank

Thank you... for answering my question and leading me to probably the most entertaining hide thread I have ever read haha (the one with the new guy trying to sell stuff... literally had nothing to do with the topic until the end but I was HIGHLY entertained)

Last edited:
Reactions: rsb and BLKWLFK9
thank you for that link sent e-mail for information on their classes that the pages did not contain . and will look into all i can get my hands on .

I’ve had a few friends train with them and they all talked about how much time they worked on their kestrels and ballistic calcs etc etc. but they didn’t come out shooting any better. If your in DFW area where I am you’d be far better off reaching out to Sean at vapor trail tactical and doing some training with him out at triple C near Cresson. Or badlands tactical just a couple hours north into OK. Both are as qualified as anybody els you’d spend twice as much traveling to.

So looking at the Long Range 2 course (https://www.accuracy1st.com/training/courses.cfm)

Anybody here taken it? Thoughts? Yay/Nay? I live in DFW so either of their locations is doable for me. I think I am at the point where I need some more formal training before I really develop terrible habits.

thanks guys

Yes sir. I have trained with Accuracy1st. The training has been in Lampasas, Texas and in Clarendon, Texas(60miles south of Amarillo). But, I believe they will schedule training at your location if you have enough people. The training is first rate. The facilities were also nice. In Lampasas, I stayed at their lodge. In Clarendon, at a the Best Western plus not far from the range. Training and comraderie were well worth the time and money.

thanks guys

What training are you looking for that Rifles Only doesn’t provide?

Another vote for Rifles Only. I've spent countless thousands of dollars and 15+ days on professional precision rifle training with multiple businesses, and it doesn't get any better than RO. Especially as a first time training course, as they do the best job at hammering in the fundamentals.

I went here. These guys are awesome. great class