Accuracy International AT-X Feeding issues 6.5 creedmoor

Dredd_RSA

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2020
Good day all,

I recently received my new AT-X in 6.5 creed and was excited to get shooting.

Unfortunately I have a very real feeding issue on the magazine that came with the rifle and with any of my AX magazines .

I have log a fault with AI who has referred me to the country dealer but I have had no movement on this. Any ideas or anyone who has had this problem and seen it resolved. This is definitely not been a pleasant experience, nothing like shooting my other two AI rifles.

The problem is two fold the first is that the rounds seem to get stuck between the bolt and the chamber. Photos 1 and the second is that the bolt passes over the rounds not stripping one off when the magazine is down to the 5 or less rounds. Photo 2.
IMG_5426.png
IMG_5429.png

Attachments

• IMG_5375.jpeg
    IMG_5375.jpeg
    447 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_5374.jpeg
    IMG_5374.jpeg
    425.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_5377.jpeg
    IMG_5377.jpeg
    442.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5376.jpeg
    IMG_5376.jpeg
    443.1 KB · Views: 51
I would measure the spread on the lips towards the back, they may need to be tweaked. The increased spring tension when full is marginal, resulting in the bolt catching the cartridge just past the rim and when mag capacity is less, the cartridge is lower, resulting in the pass over.
From the pics, it appears the left side feed lip is lower?

All my AW mags (same design) have come from the factory defective. Pull out the follower and spring and stretch it out. You also want the follower to be parallel with the bottom leaf spring, so tweak it until it is. It’s a 60 second fix that we shouldn’t have to do.

All my AW mags (same design) have come from the factory defective. Pull out the follower and spring and stretch it out. You also want the follower to be parallel with the bottom leaf spring, so tweak it until it is. It’s a 60 second fix that we shouldn’t have to do.
What rifle were they defective in?

-Stan

This was a pretty common issue with the ATX. Others and I had to send mags to AINA to get them modified.

What rifle were they defective in?

-Stan
Mine was an Aero Solus. They would be defective in any rifle including AI rifles as you can see. I had the exact same problem as the OP and several threads and posts have been made recently with others experiencing the same.

There is nearly zero spring tension at the front of the follower when the follower is in the upwards position and there is zero at the rear of the follower. The rear won’t even touch the feedlips. You can load the mags and tell it’s not gonna feed.

Mine was an Aero Solus. They would be defective in any rifle including AI rifles as you can see. I had the exact same problem as the OP and several threads and posts have been made recently with others experiencing the same.

There is nearly zero spring tension at the front of the follower when the follower is in the upwards position and there is zero at the rear of the follower. The rear won’t even touch the feedlips. You can load the mags and tell it’s not gonna feed.
Thank you.

I asked as the ten AW magazines I bought in May function flawlessly in my AI AT.

-Stan

Reactions: wade2big